Jump to content

BooneWX

Members
  • Posts

    3,738
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by BooneWX

  1. Been cleaning up one of my pine trees, there’s several down across the neighborhood. Looks like we had a downburst while I was at work.
  2. PWATS must be high as hell. Almost an inch and a half at my place in 30 min with the severe warned storm.
  3. The cruelty of the upcoming pattern is getting a taste of fall with football on the horizon but getting hells front porch at the actual kickoff next weekend. I’ll be in Boone. Idk how you folks who go down to Clemson, Columbia, Raleigh or Greenville survive but I respect it!
  4. No water restrictions being lifted anytime soon for Catawba Valley residents. The one metric that’s holding us back is the 6 month streamflow average. Seems like a flawed metric imo. The 6 month average is going to be harshly skewed by the streamflow at the height of the drought so it seems like it may be the first of next year before restrictions are lifted despite whatever fall brings.
  5. This storm is wicked. It looked like a spaceship arriving and then boom. Dark as night with the street lamps on. Absolutely dumping rn.
  6. Hopefully that inevitable stretch in Sept doesn’t feature the same dewpoints. I think this most recent stretch of mid to upper 90s has felt much worse than our hottest timeframe around the 4th. It was over 100 then, but at least the humidity wasn’t as high.
  7. IMO no. I think we’ve got a long stretch of 90s coming in Sept at some point before we get entrenched in a long, cool & wet pattern.
  8. Worst line of storms I’ve had at this house since I’ve lived here
  9. This cell to my west is putting on one of the most incredible nighttime light displays I’ve ever seen .
  10. I slept through it but woke up to 1.55” for the day.
  11. .29” here. Wouldn’t hate a bit more but every little bit helps you get through a heat wave.
  12. Nasty line coming together now
  13. Easy now lol. I like my rain with the power on preferably.
  14. Extremely nasty cell just passed through Lenoir. Quite a bit of hail and strong winds.
  15. Sneaky derecho threat late this evening. Hope not, but it’ll still likely be in the upper 80s well after dark.
  16. We can stop guessing folks! Snowbird Bob on Facebook says to expect above/much above average snowfall in the South.
  17. I’m concerned about our source regions this winter. I think it may be really hard for Canada to not be torching but I hope I’m wrong.
  18. .02 this whole week lmao. Easily 3+” in most areas around me.
  19. There’s a dome over lake hickory today. I’ve watched at least 7-8 cells go north or south, only to return to my equal latitude once they get 5-10 miles away.
  20. I’m laying that grass seed down right after Labor Day. If they don’t ditch the water restrictions, I’m going to protest.
  21. Funnel passed by near the house. Wild evening.
  22. Fwiw Rufus seems to have a better handling on the convection rn. At least when comparing the most recent runs of RRFS vs HRRR at 3 pm and the the radar.
×
×
  • Create New...