Jump to content

Fozz

Members
  • Posts

    38,083
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Fozz

  1. I’m surprised Concord hasn’t had more 20”+ storms. I think Baltimore has had 9. Seems like a lot more of these types of storms are on the way in the next several decades.
  2. I’m a big snowpack guy and I rarely saw extended snow cover where I grew up, so I’m very interested to see how long this pack lasts. It’s a spectacular scene right now, almost straight out of a Christmas movie, and I don’t want it to end.
  3. 11” per hour would be an inch every 6 minutes. I think it’s believable, especially since heavy thunderstorms can easily deliver the same rate of precip in the form of rain.
  4. It’s pretty light, but makes for nice mood flakes. I doubt it brings any more real accumulation.
  5. You know, just the other day I was wondering about the highest snowfall rate ever recorded. Whatever it is, I'm sure Okemo and dendrite came close. Is a foot per hour even possible? I can only imagine what it would look like.
  6. 9.5” Since the storm is winding down, that’s probably the final total. I’m almost certain that it would’ve been a few inches more if I had swept it, but I’m not currently equipped to do that.
  7. That’s amazing. Not to mention the 5”/hr snowfall rates.
  8. That is unbelievable. Where does this rank in your all time biggest storms?
  9. Measuring is a bit tricky, but my most reliable measurements ranged from 8” to 9”, so I’m going with 8.5”.
  10. I'm in the town of Cumberland which is in northeast RI. One of the better parts of the state for winter weather.
  11. Yeah, got a job and moved last year.
  12. 5.75" That was close to 3" in the last hour.
  13. It was incredible. I spent almost the whole hour outside and it was worth every second.
  14. I love those yellow returns popping up in northeast RI.
  15. 1” now, just before the band arrives.
  16. 25/24, -SN, 0.9” The calm before the death band.
  17. A solid coating now, and the snow is steadily picking up as that death band approaches.
  18. Incoming! Special Weather Statement National Weather Service Boston/Norton MA 854 PM EST Wed Dec 16 2020 CTZ002>004-RIZ001>004-006-170500- Hartford CT-Tolland CT-Windham CT-Northwest Providence RI- Southeast Providence RI-Western Kent RI-Eastern Kent RI- Washington RI- Including the cities of Hartford, Windsor Locks, Union, Vernon, Putnam, Willimantic, Foster, Smithfield, Providence, Coventry, West Greenwich, East Greenwich, Warwick, West Warwick, Narragansett, and Westerly 854 PM EST Wed Dec 16 2020 ...MODERATE TO HEAVY SNOW TO BEGIN THROUGH MIDNIGHT ACROSS NORTHERN CONNECTICUT AND RHODE ISLAND... As of 845 PM Wednesday...a band of moderate to heavy snow with visibilities as low as one-quarter mile extended across southern Connecticut into southern coastal Rhode Island. Expect this band of heavy snow to advance northward across northern Connecticut and Rhode Island through midnight, with roads quickly becoming snow covered. Snow may accumulate at a rate of 1 to 2 inches per hour in this snowband. Travel will become increasingly more difficult as this heavy snowband advances northward. If you must travel, do so with extreme caution and be prepared to encounter increasingly snow-covered roads and low visibility as snow increases in intensity. $$ Loconto
  19. It has finally commenced. 26 with very light flurries.
  20. Based on that panel, the two warmest places in the lower 48 will be far southern FL and New England.
  21. I'm looking for reasons why this might fail IMBY but can't seem to find any. Perhaps a dry slot or coastal front from hell would screw things up, but I don't see that reducing my total to less than maybe 8".
  22. That's exactly what I did last year when I returned from Thanksgiving just in time for the early December storm. Rescheduled for an earlier flight, and arrived just as the storm was getting good.
×
×
  • Create New...