Jump to content

40/70 Benchmark

Members
  • Posts

    79,704
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by 40/70 Benchmark

  1. Hopefully we can displace the ridge so far south this winter that we can pull off a Nina-like gradient pattern overlaid onto that diesel STJ....slightly further south 2007-2008
  2. My guess is I'll be tic higher than KASH, so about 32.
  3. I think you're splitting hairs and reaching.................first of all, I don't think that any degree of difference with respect to LE and measuring technique would negate the evolutionary advantages that Miller B type cyclogenesis has. Secondly, couple said evolutionary differences with that that Miller B also tend to be less progressive, and that negates any LEQ advantage and increased proclivity for compression that Miller A had. Would like to go through the list of Miller B captures and Miller A captures (good luck)? So, we are talking about less progressive systems on average, which protracts precp and augments measuring inconsistencies due to companion, that also tend to have the timing of approach more closely align with max rate of depending of mid level centers. Mic drop-
  4. Without even looking, I'll assume it's a bit warmer and drier, and that ridge has continued to edge southward.
  5. Yea, believe me, I don't trust precise measurements from back then....no argument at all. I get your point.
  6. Right....but, that was Boris' whole point, to whom you replied. I merely made the distinction....not assigning any blame at all.
  7. No, but it's important to note considering the context of the post that you responded to.
  8. That is true, but you are proving my point that the same issue concerning measuring inconsistencies plagued Miller B events, as well.
  9. Maybe, but I feel like the timing will be different this year....a more hostile December and a better for February.
  10. Tough not to be in that area when dealing with a true arctic airmass and NE winds.
  11. Well, there was a good amount of preexisting pack going into that one...I had a foot in Wilmington, and you probably had more down there. I don't think there was a secondary.....that was pure Miller A, although def. could have been some OES assist...it was a really cold storm.
  12. Miller B is ideal for his area and it isn't close.
  13. God, I hope that grouping fails spectacularly moving forward....I'd just assume drive out to the desert's of Albuquerque and shot-gun a cactus than experience anything akin to the past four El Niño events during this coming season.
  14. Of course Miller A is more prolific for the majority of the east coast, Miller B is dependent on N stream influx, so they are northeast centric....which is why we are more likely to get a favorable track and timing of evolution. Less time for it to go wrong....kind of like how storm chasers on the gulf coast would father a home-brew under pristine conditions than a CV long-tracker.
  15. I don't give a rat's ass about the east coast as a whole, I care about MBY.
  16. Right...you want the max rate of mid level keeping to coincide with their passage just beneath your latitude....tougher to pull off with with respect to track, and timing of the evolution of the cyclone's life cycle in Miller A.
  17. If you want a great outcome, the mid level lows are below us in Miller, B, too.
  18. IMO, "hybrid" is Miller B. SWFE on roids has to be Miller A designation......the influx of moisture is from the south without any real northern energy. PD II was kind of like that, though it had a bit more of a surface reflection.
  19. Now look at that list and tell the ones that would most like to relive and I bet they are Miller B.
×
×
  • Create New...