• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
LWX Forecasts/Complaints/Praise Thread

MacintoshPro

I don't like them either. Really see no need for them. I think any logical person can figure a max/min even if they aren't sick weenies like us.

I always understood them to be useful for emergency planners, who would probably benefit from knowing the worst case scenario.

agreed.

That's never really been the debate. It's kind of a dumb public product. Granted CWG does the same sort of thing with boom and bust (probably in a more sensical way) so I can't rip it too much.

This is really not a public product at all.

they're everywhere though.

To be honest I've mostly moved on from this one. It's spreading and doesn't seem likely to stop. I don't completely disagree with the idea more the method.

they're everywhere though.

To be honest I've mostly moved on from this one. It's spreading and doesn't seem likely to stop. I don't completely disagree with the idea more the method.

I have explained this one enough and I'm moving on. i no longer lead this project. Moved up and on from that office.

I have explained this one enough and I'm moving on. i no longer lead this project. Moved up and on from that office.

Right but it is what it is. It's on their main winter page and it's everywhere. It's a public product. I see MIC from Mt Holly tweet it a lot and it is always met with confusion and questions. If it's an EM product there could have been ways to keep it largely hidden from the public probably.

I get this in my hazardous weather outlook.

A WINTER STORM WATCH IS IN EFFECT FOR THE INTERSTATE 95 CORRIDOR
OF NORTHERN VIRGINIA SUNDAY NIGHT THROUGH MONDAY NIGHT.

Lol. 

There's now winter storm watches south, west, and north of me. This seem stupid. More than half of Arlington and all of falls church are similar to southern fairfax county and prince william county in terms of elevation and temperatures.... I'm at over 300'. I understand that LWX is hedging with the Urban heat island, but if I don't remember any storm where I changed over before Prince William County. /weenierantaboutcompletelymeaninglessNWSwatchesover

Not that anybody in Northern Virginia is getting 5" in the first place, anyways.

Archived