CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
2011 Winter Banter Thread

yoda

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1) Using your methods, explain why the MJO was active early in the season and has since weakened in amplitude. Also, you do mention GLOBAL upward motion, not just tropical upward motion. How significant is convection off of the equatorial region?

2) While initiating a -AO/-NAO regime may be more apparent using your methods, explain how the strong PV over Alaska and strong +EPO signal are supposed to degrade and allow for sustained cold to work into the eastern U.S.

hole poking has begun

1) Using your methods, explain why the MJO was active early in the season and has since weakened in amplitude. Also, you do mention GLOBAL upward motion, not just tropical upward motion. How significant is convection off of the equatorial region?

2) While initiating a -AO/-NAO regime may be more apparent using your methods, explain how the strong PV over Alaska and strong +EPO signal are supposed to degrade and allow for sustained cold to work into the eastern U.S.

1) I feel the MJO was active this fall and early winter because the ENSO signal [as a result of Geomagnetic Activity in 2005] was in a virtual tug of war with the whacked out QBO signal resulting from a currently weak IMF, [and the cold vortex over the pole didn't help things either]. The MJO went dead when the stratosphere began the slow warming climb as the solar wind declined and asian torque events started intruding, the split QBO phase became more predominately negative as the easterly values descended. Some say Solar Max/-QBO isn't a good thing for blocking, but I believe that correlation only works well when the IMF is strong[er], and the signal seems to differ between the north and south IMF's, too, just based on qualitative analysis with no known causation.

2) The PV moving into Alaska isn't what is initating the -AO regime, obviously, that on the outside is a bad thing but it's happening as the PV is getting knocked around good and it will eventually weaken while over alaska [and stretch out before splitting]...it is stratospheric warming taking place as the weaker solar state allows, remote wave intrusion + a downwelling easterly QBO shear zone are both changes of late even though they are conflicting signals. And conflicting signals often lead to chaos of some aspect.

2-3 weeks of crap left with the transition beginning at the end of the month into the first week of February, with a nicer pattern therafter.

you should read his thread in the CC forum if you want true LOLs.

Yeah, miss I dunno the difference between solar irradiance and solar wind. Really who doesn't know that? When you can't provide one peer reviewed source contradicting a peer reviewed paper, and don't know what the solar wind is, then you resort to fabrications.

Nor the adequate # of stations per 50km.

Did you think chopping the last 5 characters off a personal weather station ID would trick the system into thinking it's a valid airport code?

:lmao: Its BB, anything he wants to do he can do it.

:lmao: KOMG

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

That's right up there with Zonties' upside down yardstick.

This is how they measure snow in Glen Echo

someone needs to put you back on it

He is very smart, someone should just give him a red tag already

The PWS station IDs are state and then location. VA for Virginia, M for the start of Mclean. The board is set up only to retrieve only official obs sites, not PWSs. I don't know if wunderground has a sticker that you could put in your signature instead. (I block signatures to make the board cleaner)

that's stupid

Yeah, miss I dunno the difference between solar irradiance and solar wind. Really who doesn't know that? When you can't provide one peer reviewed source contradicting a peer reviewed paper, and don't know what the solar wind is, then you resort to fabrications.

Nor the adequate # of stations per 50km.

Take it to the CC forum

picking out the non-facts in PR made me unpopular, yes.

No, it was your diminutive demeanor, trix. In the CC forum you had no idea what the solar wind was, and provided graphs on irrelavent TSI expecting to find an in-step correlation to temps which makes no sense in terms of equilibrium.

If I put a pot of water over a flame, the water will reach a boil eventually regardless of whether the flame was medium or high. It's called equilibrium.

No, it was your diminutive demeanor, trix. In the CC forum you had no idea what the solar wind was, and provided graphs on irrelavent TSI expecting to find an in-step correlation to temps which makes no sense in terms of equilibrium.

If I put a pot of water over a flame, the water will reach a boil eventually regardless of whether the flame was medium or high. It's called equilibrium.

Take it to the CC forum

Archived