joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2015/16

snywx

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In and out sun and clouds, a sprinkle here and there but overall not a bad day. I could go fo a little bit lower humidity but that would be nitpicking. Hoping the rain stays away so I can go for a mt bike ride after dinner.

You can always take the XV out on the trails if it rains.....oh that's right.....never mind.

Guest Pamela

A lot of signals for a cold and potentially snowy SE/Lower Mid-Atlantic in Winter 15-16

That's very much a relative statement...the snowy part, that is...unless you are talking above 2500' feet or so.  I mean, if your average annual snowfall is 5"...and you get 200% of normal...not too many would call it "snowy"...save for the local denizens.

That's very much a relative statement...the snowy part, that is...unless you are talking above 2500' feet or so.  I mean, if your average annual snowfall is 5"...and you get 200% of normal...not too many would call it "snowy"...save for the local denizens.

The Southern Apps will probably get crushed next winter with a strong El Nino and a +PDO/-EPO/+PNA pattern. Coastal locations will depend more on the NAO.

We always speak relative to average when discussing weather. That's implicit in the comments "snowy" and "cold" etc...

If I said last winter was cold, you would agree. You wouldn't say, "Well, it wasn't cold for Summit, Greenland," which is the logical equivalent to your comments about the Southeast. Always makes sense to talk relative to the normal expected for that area's climate.

Guest Pamela

We always speak relative to average when discussing weather. That's implicit in the comments "snowy" and "cold" etc...

If I said last winter was cold, you would agree. You wouldn't say, "Well, it wasn't cold for Summit, Greenland," which is the logical equivalent to your comments about the Southeast. Always makes sense to talk relative to the normal expected for that area's climate.

You make a fair point...but you know...I mean where do you want to draw the metaphorical line as to where snowy ends and rainy and cold begins?  We likely would not say the pattern favors cold & snowy for most of Georgia and eastern S. Carolina because practically any snow in that region is flukish in nature....and the so called "SE"...the designation you utilized...does encompass Georgia & S. Carolina...

Ya...so...it looks like I'll be watering when I get home today...

Looks that way. I started my watering yesterday. The way models have been lately.....I just assume it will continue to be dry and water accordingly. Better safe than sorry.

Yeah, I'll need to do that too. I got .20 from the big Flood Watch last week and .01 yesterday with nothing today.

My flood watch consisted of .11" and received nothing yesterday. It's been considerably drier on my side of the county than further west towards you and snywx.

Archived