joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2014 Severe Storm season

downeastnc

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Latest hazardous weather outlook from RAH mentioned scattered to numerous storms through 1 a.m. With a chance for an isolated tornado.

Yeah except we don't want them now, I would rather we get nothing and all the stuff out west dies in the mts that way we got a good unturned over atmosphere to work with tomorrow..we get a lot of crap tonight and chances are its not too severe and the left overs will hurt us tomorrow.

Got into some pretty good straight line winds. Intercepted it and there wasn't a tornado.

Did you make it to Johnson City? I heard confirmed tornado via local PD

OFFICER @wclsc59 IN JOHNSON CITY #TN REPORTS #TORNADO TOUCHDOWN OAK GROVE #TN AROUND 610 PM ET. HOUSE DESTROYED IN KINGSPORT

I was northwest. Had to backtrack from va and got caught in a valley. Passed an exit near mile marker 55 on 81 where all signes were knocked down and trees were twisted off. Looked like tornado damage to me. Now headed to morristown cell. Not surprised there was a confirmed report though.. Had a tree blow over directly in front of my car.

Yeah except we don't want them now, I would rather we get nothing and all the stuff out west dies in the mts that way we got a good unturned over atmosphere to work with tomorrow..we get a lot of crap tonight and chances are its not too severe and the left overs will hurt us tomorrow.

I don't know, tonight might be all we get. We weren't supposed to get anything until tomorrow, so we might end up getting nothing at all tomorrow.

Ifs and maybes for the central part of NC... (while we're currently at a 20% chance overnight)

A S/W ROUNDING THE BASE OF THE L/W TROUGH OVER THE LOWER OH AND TN VALLEY WILL CONTINUE TO PUSH E-SE THROUGH THE OVERNIGHT. THIS FEATURE WILL INTERACT WITH THE MOIST AND SLIGHT-MODERATELY UNSTABLE AIR MASS OVER CENTRAL NC TO SUPPORT THE DEVELOPMENT OF SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS...SOME OF WHICH MAY BE STRONG TO SEVERE OWING TO EFFECTIVE BULK SHEAR IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD OF 45-50KTS. MOST OF THE SEVERE STORM PARAMETERS FAVOR THE WESTERN PIEDMONT...MAINLY SOUTH OF THE TRIAD TOWARD THE CLT METRO AREA. AS THE NEAR SURFACE AIR MASS IS BEGINNING TO STABILIZE WITH LOSS OF HEATING...TORNADIC THREAT IS BECOMING LESS OF A CONCERN. HOWEVER...LARGE HAIL AND DAMAGING WINDS REMAIN A VIABLE THREAT...POSSIBLY INTO THE WEE HOURS OF MONDAY MORNING IF STORMS ORGANIZE/STRENGTHEN ONCE THEY CROSS THE HIGHER TERRAIN OF WESTERN NC.IF STORMS DO ORGANIZE...WILL NEED TO INCREASE POPS OVERNIGHT ACROSS THE EASTERN PIEDMONT INTO THE SANDHILLS AND COASTAL PLAIN. BEHIND THE CONVECTIVE STORMS...MAY SEE PATCHES/AREAS OF FOG DEVELOP...MAINLY OVER THE WESTERN PIEDMONT BY DAYBREAK MONDAY.

The mountains are doing a great job breaking this line up but seems like more cells are popping up stream.

Yep don't except much if anything around here in N.Foothills of NC. Mountains are doing there dirty work, just like winter downslope!!!  we are under tornado watch until 1am, but I figure it will be canceled before to much longer.

Latest HWO from RAH says an isolated chance for a severe storm overnight around my neck of the woods. Says there is nothing severe expected here tomorrow, but eastern central NC could be under the gun between noon and 5pm, and spotter activation may be needed. This is the same area where most of the severe weather has been all summer.

http://mesonet.agron.iastate.edu/wx/afos/p.php?pil=HWORAH&e=201407280211

Well, there is a lot more sun to work with today. But will it lead to causing more instability or just a sunny and hot day?

No the cold front has passed your area. All the action will be to your south. It's our turn. Scratch that, it's everyone who is in the slight risk today time for action except Waycross.

Archived