CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
01/02/14 to 01/03/14 Snow Storm Observations

WeatherFox

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Harrison (Hudson) 5.8 Inches at the NWS Cooperative Weather Station - HSNN4....  While it may be a great Snow Storm for some especially to the east I am personally not impressed,  Gone through 78, 83 and 96 and this storm is not even close to those events.   The highest measured wind I can fine at the Hudson County OEM Meso-Net this morning was 35 mph at the tropicana plant in Jersey City this station sits not too far to the Northwest of Robins Reef. 

Harrison (Hudson) 5.8 Inches at the NWS Cooperative Weather Station - HSNN4....  While it may be a great Snow Storm for some especially to the east I am personally not impressed,  Gone through 78, 83 and 96 and this storm is not even close to those events.   

It is actually in all honesty not a big deal for a lot of us. But we'll take it.Some spots did well. But certainly not the monster storm the news is talking about. There is some plowable snow throughout the area; it is also very cold. it is also January.

Harrison (Hudson) 5.8 Inches at the NWS Cooperative Weather Station - HSNN4....  While it may be a great Snow Storm for some especially to the east I am personally not impressed,  Gone through 78, 83 and 96 and this storm is not even close to those events.   The highest measured wind I can fine at the Hudson County OEM Meso-Net this morning was 35 mph at the tropicana plant in Jersey City this station sits not too far to the Northwest of Robins Reef. 

wow Im in Jersey City, the report said we got 5" but that is very, very hard to believe. I think we have around 7", it's so hard to measure

wow Im in Jersey City, the report said we got 5" but that is very, very hard to believe. I think we have around 7", it's so hard to measure

I think you could be right; it is hard to measure in these conditions, but 5-6 seems to be what a lot of people are seeing outside of a few areas.

Archived