joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Talking Winter 2012-2013

wederwarrior

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our winter weather prospects seem to get worse by the day reading other threads and other regions. Nino has completely soiled the bed for us over the past month. We need a raging -NAO in a big way but early indications are we're not going to get it. Not a whole lot to be optimistic about over the past couple of weeks......its early though....I guess that's the positive.

Our winter weather prospects seem to get worse by the day reading other threads and other regions. Nino has completely soiled the bed for us over the past month. We need a raging -NAO in a big way but early indications are we're not going to get it. Not a whole lot to be optimistic about over the past couple of weeks......its early though....I guess that's the positive.

Might as well cancel winter.

We have some of the most negative posters here. There are some positive signs to look at, if we come out close to the 1981-2010 normals we should do okay with snow.

agree- my god, it is over two months before winter begins and these negative posters are saying we are not going to have a snowy winter. Thats like me stating right now that next April we are not going to a hot and dry summer. Give me a break. I would love to have a winter like January 1994. again

It's a Ninoish winter. You'll have a decent February in all likelihood.

We really only have one (bluehens). We're pretty lucky wrt having negative posters.

Give me a break. Its called a reality check. The pie in the sky people are just as bad really. You belong in the Accuweather forums if you perpetually think everything is going to go your way. Read other threads.....there are many red-taggers and weenies alike who are skeptical or concerned already about our prospects. Its early for sure but the trends of the past 2-3 weeks have been going the wrong way for those of us who love snow/cold.

Give me a break. Its called a reality check. The pie in the sky people are just as bad really. You belong in the Accuweather forums if you perpetually think everything is going to go your way. Read other threads.....there are many red-taggers and weenies alike who are skeptical or concerned already about our prospects. Its early for sure but the trends of the past 2-3 weeks have been going the wrong way for those of us who love snow/cold.

Nah...FB took most of them away from Accuweather. ;)

A reality check in the first week of October for the rest of the winter season?

Archived