• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Lehigh Valley to Reading to Southern Poconos to NW NJ ...obs and banter!

mcgin

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok...enought with this piddly stuff...now on to "the big one" for Tuesday

Now Now, please don't be greedy like the NYC posters. It is totally ridiculous how the 25th-28th thread has turned into an argument over the millennium storm that hit NYC instead of the current model runs. They just cannot get enough snow can they? How many of you LV posters are happy with your 4-5 inches, knowing that Phily got zilcho and we were near or were the jackpot? Feels good don't it? Lets talk about the 25th-28th chances now for the LV. Thanks

Now Now, please don't be greedy like the NYC posters. It is totally ridiculous how the 25th-28th thread has turned into an argument over the millennium storm that hit NYC instead of the current model runs. They just cannot get enough snow can they? How many of you LV posters are happy with your 4-5 inches, knowing that Phily got zilcho and we were near or were the jackpot? Feels good don't it? Lets talk about the 25th-28th chances now for the LV. Thanks

It always seem to be ALEX who throws threads off-topic. He posted the storm map and that was the end of that.

I'll tell you what folks, despite the misses for those of us here to the north and west of philly on the Blizzard and a couple of other events, since the surprise snow on Thanksgiving morning, this has really unfolded so far as a classic winter. I recall seeing folks ice-fishing on local lakes the first week of December along with EastonWx's pics of the ice cakes on the Delaware. Nearly half of the calendar days in December had snow in the air. Although we lost out big time on the 12/26 event, I am sure we'll all remember the breathtaking 18Z model runs on Christmas Eve and tracking that event for days and days. January has of course delivered routine doses of snow and some ice as many of us already approach our seasonal snowfall norms with many weeks to go. And, but for the brief New Year's warm-up which delivered the only prolonged period of rain to our area in many many weeks, we have been seasonable at worst from a temperature standpoint the last two months as we again sit on the eve of the coldest temperatures of the season.

....and BTW, there's something about a storm next week that I am sure has piqued PSUHazelton's curiosity, which bodes well for all of us.

I'll tell you what folks, despite the misses for those of us here to the north and west of philly on the Blizzard and a couple of other events, since the surprise snow on Thanksgiving morning, this has really unfolded so far as a classic winter. I recall seeing folks ice-fishing on local lakes the first week of December along with EastonWx's pics of the ice cakes on the Delaware. Nearly half of the calendar days in December had snow in the air. Although we lost out big time on the 12/26 event, I am sure we'll all remember the breathtaking 18Z model runs on Christmas Eve and tracking that event for days and days. January has of course delivered routine doses of snow and some ice as many of us already approach our seasonal snowfall norms with many weeks to go. And, but for the brief New Year's warm-up which delivered the only prolonged period of rain to our area in many many weeks, we have been seasonable at worst from a temperature standpoint the last two months as we again sit on the eve of the coldest temperatures of the season.

....and BTW, there's something about a storm next week that I am sure has piqued PSUHazelton's curiosity, which bodes well for all of us.

This has been a good winter. The best part of it is, it's only Jan. 21st. Lots to go! Hoping this weekend's frigid temps will produce more ice on the Delaware!

Archived