• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Lehigh Valley to Reading to Southern Poconos to NW NJ ...obs and banter!

mcgin

My Lehigh Valley friends - all I have heard tonight and in the past week is the upcoming storm is either more inland or NW of philly. Frankly I am getting real tired of the LV valley either referenced as being inland, as Philly suburbs or being northwest of philly. We say something on the board in the other threads about this, we are often accused of IMBY posts. Just simply tell me how much the QPF or snowfall is for the LV or ABE. With nearly a half a million people in the LV, we deserve more than a casual mention of .50 qpf nw of NYC. Please let me know what you think

i usually try to include abe or hazleton in the euro qpf totals....i will deff put it in tonight...btw i still think you guys are golden for this event. Take the gfs qpf output with a grain of salt.

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i usually try to include abe or hazleton in the euro qpf totals....i will deff put it in tonight...btw i still think you guys are golden for this event. Take the gfs qpf output with a grain of salt.

Tom, you do a great job. And you will never please everyone. Maybe you can pick like 6 or 8 places. Spread them out a bit. I know fwn doesnt get mentiond a lot or mmu, one of those would help NW NJ. maybe find a plase in NE PA too. Like I said everyone wont be happy, but they should be happy you take the time to do it! Thanks!

BTW- It really suks that we cant get bufkit info for fwn. There really isnt a good one to use up here. Anyway, carry on. LOL

Please add Avoca AVP to, considering I'm about 3 miles from the airport! And that will please all of the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre posters too!

Thanks man! You're the best!

*JIM*

Tom, you do a great job. And you will never please everyone. Maybe you can pick like 6 or 8 places. Spread them out a bit. I know fwn doesnt get mentiond a lot or mmu, one of those would help NW NJ. maybe find a plase in NE PA too. Like I said everyone wont be happy, but they should be happy you take the time to do it! Thanks!

BTW- It really suks that we cant get bufkit info for fwn. There really isnt a good one to use up here. Anyway, carry on. LOL

where is fwn, is that sussex co?

Tombo, you are the only one who does. Its usually the NYC posters. Its time to separate them before they take over the entire thread with their nonsense arguments over which model shows them getting the most snow. Give them an inch and they take a mile. Ever since 12/26/10, the board has not been the same. Its like they keep rubbing each snow event in E. PA faces. I cannot read more than ten posts before a smart ass remark is made. This board is to help others learn about the weather, no put them down. Even in the worst storms prior to 2009, did we ever have the put downs in the philly region like we do now.

Tombo, you are the only one who does. Its usually the NYC posters. Its time to separate them before they take over the entire thread with their nonsense arguments over which model shows them getting the most snow. Give them an inch and they take a mile. Ever since 12/26/10, the board has not been the same. Its like they keep rubbing each snow event in E. PA faces. I cannot read more than ten posts before a smart ass remark is made. This board is help other learn about the weather, no put them down. Even in the worst storms prior to 2009, did we ever have the put downs in the philly region like we do now.

well you also gotta look at it as, nyc posters out number phl posters like 4-1 and maybe 20-1 compared to lehigh valley. That area is always going to draw more.

Repping gets worse as you head NW...the I-81 corridor is sparse. In this subforum, you have me, Voyager, ptb, and Big Jim. Not much else.

lol the i81 corridor is sparse in population in general, I went to college up there and have relatives up there, i know the atmosphere and culture lol. Never in my life have i ever had off for the opening of deer season around thanksgiving lol

lol the i81 corridor is sparse in population in general, I went to college up there and have relatives up there, i know the atmosphere and culture lol. Never in my life have i ever had off for the opening of deer season around thanksgiving lol

I'm suPRIZED we gots eben more dan two, tree people writin' on da puter up 'ere!

LOL the SDs close for the first day of deer season -- has always been that way for me since I can remember.

No such luck here at PSU. But we get the whole week of T-giving off so I can't complain.

LOL the SDs close for the first day of deer season -- has always been that way for me since I can remember.

No such luck here at PSU. But we get the whole week of T-giving off so I can't complain.

i went to college at psu skook haven in skook county...ive been to psu hazleton, nice area... i have family that live in pottsville and orwigsburg and use to have family in new philly. I have a friend who lives in hometown just north of tamaqua. I Love that area, although there is not much to do.

i went to college at psu skook haven in skook county...ive been to psu hazleton, nice area... i have family that live in pottsville and orwigsburg and use to have family in new philly. I have a friend who lives in hometown just north of tamaqua. I Love that area, although there is not much to do.

We are close to a Wal-Mart so that's convenient haha.

I haven't had the chance to seriously stay in the SH area...I've driven through Tamaqua/SC many times on 309S/N to get to and from my Dad's in Muhlenburg Township (Just outside of Reading). Not too bad for a small town.

We are close to a Wal-Mart so that's convenient haha.

I haven't had the chance to seriously stay in the SH area...I've driven through Tamaqua/SC many times on 309S/N to get to and from my Dad's in Muhlenburg Township (Just outside of Reading). Not too bad for a small town.

Yea there is not much in sook county besides the yunegling brewery. when i was at college, my friends and i would always go to the cracker barrel in frackville on 61, great food.

Yea there is not much in sook county besides the yunegling brewery. when i was at college, my friends and i would always go to the cracker barrel in frackville on 61, great food.

There's the Big Diamond Speedway in Forestville just outside of Minersville. Great place in the heart of Coal Country.

Archived