Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January 19-21 MW/GL/OV Storm Observation Thread

Guru Of Reason

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

STJ energy that isn't going to phase. It was the energy the NAM tried to develope during that one run and GGEM kept on trying and take up the coastal plain. But instead of phasing, it will get crushed out to sea behind the first wave, as the northern stream dominates the flow. As Baro said, a waste of energy.

Maybe so, but you like make it a necessity to disagree about everything lol.. The storm is overperforming in many locations. Euro would be a good 5-6" hit in central OH.. Its pretty much down to nowcasting RUC and WRF..

For the record, go look at a long radar loop, snow is definitely backbuilding in KS huge difference in what radar showed 3hrs ago.

I agree completely. Not sure what Angry is seeing. Kansas definitely has increased precip and so does Oklahoma, NW Arkansas, and SW Missouri. Hoping for a surprise here. About to hit the sack so I can watch the snow fall all day.

There's no denying that the folks north of me will get the most snows. I know that for a fact that you all will do way better than me. I'm just hoping I can squeeze out 3-4 inches rather than 2-3 inches.

I wasn't rubbing it in or anything like that. I'm hoping we can squeeze 3" out tbh. I think you'll do okay down there.. Better than nothing I guess. Something to build on :)

I wasn't rubbing it in or anything like that. I'm hoping we can squeeze 3" out tbh. I think you'll do okay down there.. Better than nothing I guess. Something to build on :)

I agree! Will you all get any of the southern stream? And You never we got early next week as well. I think all of us have a shot at that one. :)

recieved 7.8 inches of snowfall in Kansas City Kansas. Snow started around 2:15 PM, had thundersnow from 430 to 615. Snow still occuring right now, but looks like the final band is about to rotate into the area.

Anxious to see what this Sunday storm system brings us...

Bryan

What was forecasted totals before the snow started?

dilly84-

Some forecasters were calling for 1 to 3 as early as Sunday and Monday. Last night they started calling for 5-9. So not a bad forecast for sure. Some areas in Kansas City did get up to 9-10 inches. Very odd storm for Kansas City. Normally WAA snow events do not produce very well in this area, but this one had us in the sweet spot this time around.

dilly84-

Some forecasters were calling for 1 to 3 as early as Sunday and Monday. Last night they started calling for 5-9. So not a bad forecast for sure. Some areas in Kansas City did get up to 9-10 inches. Very odd storm for Kansas City. Normally WAA snow events do not produce very well in this area, but this one had us in the sweet spot this time around.

Just trying to figure out if its over performing or not.. wondering how much it'll have left once it reaches here.. was hoping it'd stay strong, but appears on models that it will weaken some before reaching here. What did models show you getting last night?

dilly84-

NAM had us between 8-10 and GFS had us right at 10. The models for about 24 hours leading up to the start of the storm really had the right idea all along. Not something you see happen all the time. ;) Also, temps were around 11 when the snow was falling, so we had ratios around 15-1

Archived