SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
PHL JAN 20/21 Obs and Discussion Thread

tombo82685

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He had less than 1" for most of South Jersey. I don't see how that happens.

i would of gone with 1-2. Make sure you look at 925mb zone. The gfs is showing a warm wedge up in that area, combined with temps a little above frz you can get sleet or a cold rain. That though looks like it should stay south of the milville to toms river zone. The nam is colder for the area, but still from dover to mil to just south of toms river id be a little wary of some mixing

Yeah it was getting majorly cluttered up and mostly NYC Based. This fits nicely.

It's not just NYC based, we have them in our area too. They expect a foot snowstorm, out of a storm that is going to give this area, 5-6 inches tops. When it doesn't happen, they explode. Those same people will be whining about warnings and advisories tomorrow. And why they're area doesn't or does have one.

It's not just NYC based, we have them in our area too. They expect a foot snowstorm, out of a storm that is going to give this area, 5-6 inches tops. When it doesn't happen, they explode. Those same people will be whining about warnings and advisories tomorrow. And why they're area doesn't or does have one.

Some of the folks in our CWA are pretty bad as well. Just a smaller %. ;)

Oh Please give me a foot of snow. Why do they say we are only getting a foot? I strongly believe we are getting a 18 inches of the white stuff. I am p/ode that the models are not showing the coastal track for us. We are in the snow hole.

Wooh,

My God, I was having a nightmare that I was in NYC at Central Park and Upton was predicting 4-6 inches of snow.

Thanks to all of you in this thread-- it is nice to be seeing posters again that are realistic in their thoughts of this upcoming snow event. Thanks for making me laugh.thumbsupsmileyanim.giflaugh.gif

Here was the mm5 today from 12z.

pcp24.60.0000.gif

I guess one could argue that southern Jersey sees 1 or 2 inches less then say, the Delaware Valley based on the QPF alone, not even factoring any potential mix.

I guess its hitting on the initial overrunning precipitation falling primarily over PA and northern Jersey.

pcp3.45.0000.gif

FWIW, more bullish than I expected. Latest from HPC

day2_psnow_gt_04.gif

Maybe they are factoring in somewhat better ratios in that 40% region....just a guess, I'm no whiz on snow ratios. Honestly, 40% isn't a huge likelyhood so I don't see a problem with that depiction, now if it was 70% I'd call it bullish.

It appears to be something like a 70% chance of 2", 40% chance of 4" and 10% chance of 6" in my opinion for eastern PA and central and northern Jersey.

Archived