joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Schools and weather

NortheastPAWx

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel for the working parents with small kids. I really do, but do you really want your kids on the roads in an ice storm?

Most of the schools in the wyoming valley have closed. Includings a lot of the colleges. That means I am going back to bed. :)

Not PSU. Compressed schedule.

The W-B schools are getting really bad with this.

After being about the only school to close last Wednesday, Easton Area SD decides to stay open today - to be fair, though, everyone is open. Tough morning, for sure. We're keeping our preschooler home, as the wife would have to drive him through the hills above Easton with an infant in the car.

After being about the only school to close last Wednesday, Easton Area SD decides to stay open today - to be fair, though, everyone is open. Tough morning, for sure. We're keeping our preschooler home, as the wife would have to drive him through the hills above Easton with an infant in the car.

I'm surprised Easton didn't close given their track record. I would except just about everyone to dismiss early.

We're all in school down here. Woke up at 6:00 to 0.5" of snow. Now there's almost 3". I saw one plow on my drive to school and it wasn't even plowing or salting.

Everyone's asking me if we're going to get out early, but honestly it's probably safer to wait until 2:30 when the snow stops, rather than letting everyone elave now while the roads are still bad.

Yeah, I'm surprised schools did nothing given the conditions on the roads. I personally would have closed for the day because I knew things would worsen. But perhaps superintendents were taken by surprise so much that they didn't have time to call school off.

Yeah, I'm surprised schools did nothing given the conditions on the roads. I personally would have closed for the day because I knew things would worsen. But perhaps superintendents were taken by surprise so much that they didn't have time to call school off.

I have our principal as a teacher. He said he makes his call at 4:45am. It didn't start until after 5:00. Really a worst-case scenario for this moring's commute.

Easton Area SD closing early. Probably just as the serious precip this AM comes to an end. Early dismissals don't count against the snow day total; otherwise, I'd say this is another ill-conceived move, since I don't think anything appreciable falls between 2 and 4 this afternoon. Since it doesn't count, then I say no biggie.

Archived