joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Schools and weather

NortheastPAWx

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I posted in the banter thread, this morning's snow really caught everyone off guard. Nobody was expecting anything close to 4"+ of snow this AM. Schools would probably be wise to just dismiss at the normal time, since the best driving weather will probably be between 1 PM and 3:30 PM today.

As I posted in the banter thread, this morning's snow really caught everyone off guard. Nobody was expecting anything close to 4"+ of snow this AM. Schools would probably be wise to just dismiss at the normal time, since the best driving weather will probably be between 1 PM and 3:30 PM today.

yeah later afternoon will be better for sure

tomorrow expecting to be closed... :snowman:

pretty funny, wake up at 7 streets snow covered snowin moderate, had 8 o clock class wasnt that bad but coulda been cancellable snow. Got outta that one at 10 drove home hopin 11 o clock class would be cancelled. Obv it wasnt so drove back pretty nasty out sn+ at times. They finally cancel classes at 12, and on the way home snow stops and doesnt look like it will start again til this evening Rofl. gewd jawb

8 AM classes are on...and since I'm on here, I obviously won't make it as I just finished shoveling my driveway. I don't understand why those early classes aren't cancelled though since thousands of people drive to the school everday. :thumbsdown:

All other universities in philly are completely cancelled or have cancelled the morning classes.

Kid has school today .. great for the working parents :thumbsup: .

tomorrow could be different.

Quite a few weak-kneed administrators in Upper Montco and Chester County today. My district closed (as did most of the ones just to my west) and the roads aren't terrible. Not great but a delay would have sufficed.

I can't see how it won't be. I don't think a school bus could make it up my hill without chains and there have to be plenty others like this one.

If the kids don't have school tomorrow there goes the last of their spring break. What do they start doing after that? Extend the school year in June?

At my school we took a day off President's Day weekend. Our next 2 cancellations will be adding school days to spring break, then after that we add days in June.

Archived