• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
The car washing thread

Damage In Tolland

My roads are ice and sand salt covered, my truck can wait for the thaw in April!

I am quite sure there is also a lot of blacktop showing. The salt they use these days does a very good job. I have spots that still have snow on the rds too..but you gotta wash that salt off the paint..Just rusting all your paint and undercarriage away

Agree, white truck FTL during winter, no point especially with more snow coming!

Ice is making me a little nervous, no need for it, snow a little sleet, drizzle works. Trees are still heavily weighted down with snow especially pines.

My wife will be washing her new Jeep daily though, she garages it, mine gets pummeled by the elements but then again it is a Chevy man truck

I am quite sure there is also a lot of blacktop showing. The salt they use these days does a very good job. I have spots that still have snow on the rds too..but you gotta wash that salt off the paint..Just rusting all your paint and undercarriage away

Agree on the rinse for your new car especially, my hill road is a disaster of salt sand, looks like a dirt road.

Ice is making me a little nervous, no need for it, snow a little sleet, drizzle works. Trees are still heavily weights down with snow especially pines.

My wife will be washing her new Jeep daily though, she garages it, mine gets pummeled by the elements but then again it is a Chevy man truck

Chevy myself, we were lucky out this way temps were in the mid 20's so its powder. Ice would be awful, I have no use for it, nothing good comes of it at all, for those that have generators kudos, me, more snow would be great, and I think we are ticking in that direction.

I bring my own bucket and sponge and hot water..if you don't hit it with a sponge it doesn't get it clean,, Then you spray it off and it freezes instantly

i feel like it wouldnt work washing the car at that temp, so i have never bothered trying.

of course, cars go unwashed for weeks salt factories here, even automated carwashes become an issue if its too cold everything just freezes up doors and window, had it happen to me before, get out the de-icer fluid.

.......but kudos to you for doing it by hand and sponge....that is damn impressive in this cold. your car probably could have lasted longer though....:P

Chevy myself, we were lucky out this way temps were in the mid 20's so its powder. Ice would be awful, I have no use for it, nothing good comes of it at all, for those that have generators kudos, me, more snow would be great, and I think we are ticking in that direction.

Pines are hanging on Power lines all over the immediate towns, yea would like to see upper levels colder, having closed contours south of us like Tippy the met says would be great.

Kevin will be hiding the ice melt again.

Pines are hanging on Power lines all over the immediate towns, yea would like to see upper levels colder, having closed contours south of us like Tippy the met says would be great.

Salt will never touch this property, ever lol. Impressive icecickles, man killers actually dangling from roofs this weekend!

LOL..the other day Jen asked me to throw some salt on out on the brick walk out front where the icicles had dripped on it and froze. I told her I looked everywhere for the salt and couldn't find..scooter.gif

LOL..the other day Jen asked me to throw some salt on out on the brick walk out front where the icicles had dripped on it and froze. I told her I looked everywhere for the salt and couldn't find..scooter.gif

I was lookIng at Garths pics yesterday and thought man he has some heat loss with the icicles, woke up this AM, icicles everywhere,.

We must have some major heat loss because the upper roof is just loaded with cicles. You can see them in some of those pics i posted of the snow.

It is inevitable though, you can not stop it all just minimize it. My worry is ice jams ripping the gutters out. Man I am hoping for no FRZA, seriously would be an Epic disaster my way if over 1/2 fell, I can picture it easily.

Tell Jen salt pollutes the well and nitrates affect the kids growth, she will never ask again.

HAd to wash 2 cars today..Just encased in salt eating the paint right off.

Also need to dry them after they thaw out in garage to avoid water spots.

Discuss how you will wash your cars this weekend

What a colossal waste of time Kevin. This is what every road I drive on looks like all Winter. I can't believe you worry about water spots at this time of year. You need a hobby.

I bought a 2010 Camaro last year fortunately it is just staying in the garage to stay clean because I have a winter car to drive which I really don't wash...... If I need to wash it, Touchless car wash and I bring my own towels and dry it off there. I then stay away from puddles and make sure I use detail spray when I get home to clean up any dirty spots from the ride home.

Archived