Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Ohio And Surronding states...(WVA,KY,PA,IN,MI) Part 2

Steve

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually I came over here to check any obs, and I saw this post about the current YNG snow totals.

There has to be some error here, because even though all the numbers verify on the NWS CF6 summeries, these totals are so much more than anywhere else, it's almost funny to look at.

Hey new to the board. The observations for Youngstown are taken at the Youngstown Warren Airport in Vienna, which is north of Warren and in the snow belt. We probably haven't seen half of that amount in Youngstown.

Looks like the heaviest snows are making a beeline for the 70 corridor. Hopefully the storm can intensify a little as it moves east for a change.

CLE still calling for 4-6 total... more with lake enhancement tomorrow. This will easily be our largest synoptic event of the year should everything pan out. Lot's of dry air to overcome still.

NAM and WRF have been consistent with .5"+ for days now. Should be a 6-8" event by tomorrow night.

Cry wolf syndrome is in full effect. Water cooler talk yesterday was full of the busted weekend snow forecast.

NAM and WRF have been consistent with .5"+ for days now. Should be a 6-8" event by tomorrow night.

Cry wolf syndrome is in full effect. Water cooler talk yesterday was full of the busted weekend snow forecast.

Here in Bellbrook....10 miles southeast of Dayton....about 1 1/2 inches so far...started around 7:30...moderate to borderline heavy...snow globe type snow. NOAA in their short term forecasting heavy snow in West Central Ohio through at least noon...with up to an inch per hour.

Everything on schedule per CLE. First flakes flying now. Radar looks great SW of here... and should continue to get better as the low strengthens.

First flakes coming down already... little earlier than expected.

SNOW CONTINUES TO MOVE NORTHEAST INTO THE WESTERN AREAS OF THE FORECAST AREA AT THIS TIME. VISIBILITIES AT TOLEDO AND FINDLAY HAVE BEEN REDUCED TO BETWEEN 1 AND 2 MILES IN THE LIGHT SNOW. LATEST RADAR AND SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATE THE GREATEST INSTABILITY AND MOISTURE SUPPORT HAS ADVANCED AS FAR NORTHEAST AS LORAIN...MANSFIELD AND YOUNGSTOWN. SNOW HAS BEGUN TO FALL ALL THE WAY EAST TO YOUNGSTOWN. THE SNOW SHOULD BE FALLING OVER THE ENTIRE AREA BY THIS EVENINGS RUSH HOUR.

PRECIPITATION WILL GRADUALLY INTENSIFY THIS EVENING AS THE BEST DYNAMICS FROM THE LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM REACH THE AREA. LATEST RUC SHOWS BEST POSITIVE VORTICITY ADVECTION AND DEEPER MOISTURE WILL PUSH INTO CENTRAL PORTIONS OF OHIO BY THE MIDDLE PART OF THE

AFTERNOON AND INTO THE EXTREME NORTHEAST BY THIS EVENING.

Heavy band right across the middle of the state, and its right over me and and most of the cmh guys.. so getting moderate sn here.. Its about time! :) Will make another post later whenever I get another post.. Ill be replying in our private thread all day.. Enjoy the snow everyone.. Welcome to the board ytown

Heavy band right across the middle of the state, and its right over me and and most of the cmh guys.. so getting moderate sn here.. Its about time! :) Will make another post later whenever I get another post.. Ill be replying in our private thread all day.. Enjoy the snow everyone.. Welcome to the board ytown

how does one join that private thread (if you'll have me)

Defiantly appreciate the reports from you guys, to see what we're gonna be working with. How long has it been snowing there anyways? How much would you say you have?

Very light snow falling. WRF looks great for the north shore... especially with higher ratios.

Looks good for at minimum 6 inches. This could wind up being warning criteria easily, but I don't blame them for being conservative after this past weekend.

I'm wondering how bad it will be at rush?

Looks good for at minimum 6 inches. This could wind up being warning criteria easily, but I don't blame them for being conservative after this past weekend.

I'm wondering how bad it will be at rush?

Things are looking good. Radar has filled in nicely to the south. Light to Mod snow falling in Chagrin. 6" seems reasonable... hopefully the low does not come directly overhead. If we stay in the pivot area of the band we could see more. It will be interesting to see how LES plays out tomorrow behind the storm.

Rush hour will be bad as usual. I don't if it is because of budgets or not... but the plows don't seem to come out until after it snows... whereas before they would get a head start and lay down salt before the snow flies.

Looks like some dry air punched in and really decreased the intensity and flake size here. Better radar returns moving in from the SW though. Should be good for another inch, which might give me a storm total of 3.

Roads in town are just wet for the most part. Kind of a low impact event, but nice storm.

SN+ right now... huge flake size. Hopefully the band hangs on for awhile. Looks like it heading north with not much behind it.

Is the low already in Central OH?

Yeah, radar clearing quickly to the south. I was afraid of this earlier, a quick punch of snow, then nothing. This might pivot over lake Erie instead. Time will tell.

Yeah, radar clearing quickly to the south. I was afraid of this earlier, a quick punch of snow, then nothing. This might pivot over lake Erie instead. Time will tell.

Its going to be a close call with how far north the band moves. Looking west there isn't a lot more northward movement. Hard to say... but that band may just get hung up along the lakeshore as the low moves just south.

Just eyeballing it there looks to be about 1.5 so far.

I'm 6 and 1/2 miles North of Hopkins at Lakewood park (almost 2 miles West of Trent's house). At 4PM we have 1 and 5/8 inches of new snow.

I'll see what I have at home in an hour or so. Its hard to eyeball from a couple hundred feet up, but looks about 2 inches.

Close call as to whether the band will graze the coast as it shifts to the east. Looks like the backside snows don't begin in earnest til overnight. Shame the lake is frozen, enhancement would be great.

I'll see what I have at home in an hour or so. Its hard to eyeball from a couple hundred feet up, but looks about 2 inches.

Close call as to whether the band will graze the coast as it shifts to the east. Looks like the backside snows don't begin in earnest til overnight. Shame the lake is frozen, enhancement would be great.

I still think there will be some enhancement once the low passes... but not what it could be with an open lake. I'm hoping the shifting winds were able to push some of the ice around and break it up. Going to be hard to get to 6" if the radar doesn't back build.

2" of snow at CLE in the last hour.

METAR KCLE 111951Z 06006KT 1/2SM SN FZFG VV005 M05/M07 A2990 RMK AO2 SLP135 SNINCR 2/3 P0003 T10501067

Ridiculous. They report 2" in an hour, then report a total of 1.4" for the entire day. Go figure.

Just 2.5" here at 6 pm.

The 12z NAM had only gave CLE 2.5" by 6pm, with another 3.3" falling overnight, and another 1.7" tomorrow afternoon.

The 18z NAM had only gave CLE 2.4" by 6pm, with another 2.3" falling overnight, and another 2.0" tomorrow afternoon.

So really, everything is playing out as expected. Basically some spits of snow for the next 24 hours, a tenth of two each hour, perhaps enough to add up to 4 inches more. However, I wouldn't expect anything exciting.

2.8 inches here at 6pm. Still a light snow falling. No wind so it is sitting on everything. The snow has the consistency of sugar. It looks like on the radar there is a small low going over right over cuyahoga county. Not sure what will fall tonight. There is clearly a strong band over the lake most likely due to the easterly winds...I would say this is a good sign.

It will be interesting to see what falls overnight. Looks like the winds shift off of the lake around midnight if not sooner. Perhaps a few more inches. Still snowing lightly and the radar seems to be filling in. Hopefully the ice sheet that formed off CLE has shifted west with the east wind all day.

It will be interesting to see what falls overnight. Looks like the winds shift off of the lake around midnight if not sooner. Perhaps a few more inches. Still snowing lightly and the radar seems to be filling in. Hopefully the ice sheet that formed off CLE has shifted west with the east wind all day.

Definitely. The 6-8" totals that the models had been showing were for the 36 hour period. It should snow very lightly non stop for the next 24 hours. Even if it snows just 0.2" per hour, with a few bursts of .3" per hour overnight, we're still looking to tack on another 2.5-3" by daybreak.

Archived