• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Ohio And Surronding states...(WVA,KY,PA,IN,MI) Part 2

Steve

seriously though. it looked like the west side was under the heavier snows. YNG will come in at 5 inches no doubt.

You called it! 5.2" at YNG, not even remotely similar to any total within 50 miles of it. Clearly a fishy total and clearly the past 7 years worth of records there are doubtful.

On the other vein, I can't figure out this Cleveland Edgewater number. It's within a mile of my house, but they always report half as much snow as I do. As Speedskater can confirm, there's no way only 1.3" fell by 9 pm at that location.

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely. The 6-8" totals that the models had been showing were for the 36 hour period. It should snow very lightly non stop for the next 24 hours. Even if it snows just 0.2" per hour, with a few bursts of .3" per hour overnight, we're still looking to tack on another 2.5-3" by daybreak.

Snow is ripping pretty good right now. The low in PA still seems to have some strength. And look what is forming over the lake... a nice band with a huron connection. Picked up another 3 inches it looks like.

Snow is ripping pretty good right now. The low in PA still seems to have some strength. And look what is forming over the lake... a nice band with a huron connection. Picked up another 3 inches it looks like.

Yeah. I'm up to 5.3" now IMBY.

Nice. And lol at YNG's total. To CLE's credit they've done a great job with this event. That is a healthy band going through downtown. Winds stay primarily from the NNW today so we should continue to see lake enhancement.

CLE handled this event really well. Looks like a nice band over my house now. Surely over 6" now. Interestingly only 3" was truly synoptic snow.

CLE handled this event really well. Looks like a nice band over my house now. Surely over 6" now. Interestingly only 3" was truly synoptic snow.

Impressive band... it extends directly down from lake huron. The band will probably migrate east as the day goes on. Southern cuyahoga is getting rocked.

We are in "LES free" thread so I'll keep the discussion to a minimum.

Impressive band... it extends directly down from lake huron. The band will probably migrate east as the day goes on. Southern cuyahoga is getting rocked.

We are in "LES free" thread so I'll keep the discussion to a minimum.

Oh that's right, now it gets confusing for the central ohio posters. :rolleyes:

NAM handled this perfectly.

Oh that's right, now it gets confusing for the central ohio posters. :rolleyes:

NAM handled this perfectly.

Yeah, the NAM nailed it. This is still technically part of the storm so I guess we can talk about .

What type of rates are seeing with that band? We are occasionally getting 1-2" per hour in Chagrin. The winds are becoming better aligned so the band should increase intensity. Winds don't change much over the next 6-8 hours. There are going to be some large totals in cuyahoga county on east.

Yeah, the NAM nailed it. This is still technically part of the storm so I guess we can talk about .

What type of rates are seeing with that band? We are occasionally getting 1-2" per hour in Chagrin. The winds are becoming better aligned so the band should increase intensity. Winds don't change much over the next 6-8 hours. There are going to be some large totals in cuyahoga county on east.

Hard to gauge. Wind is whipping off the lake and blowing everywhere. We'll see how this band develops, some areas will do great. Looks like home is catching a break now.

Probably 5-7 inches in Chagrin since 8am. :snowman:

AVIATION /18Z WEDNESDAY THROUGH MONDAY/...

-- Changed Discussion --LAKE EFFECT SNOW BAND CONTINUES ACROSS THE FORECAST AREA THIS AFTERNOON WITH MEGA BAND EXTENDING SOUTH OUT OF LAKE HURON ACROSS LAKE ERIE INTO THE CLEVELAND...AKRON CANTON...AND YOUNGSTOWN AREA. ANOTHER BAND OF SNOW EXTENDS SOUTH ACROSS ERIE PENNSYLVANIA. YET ANOTHER BAND IS DIVING SOUTH TOWARD TOLEDO AND FINDLAY. MANSFIELD

CONTINUES TO BE AFFECTED BY MULTIBANDS ACROSS THEIR AREA. LATEST SHORT RANGE LOCAL COMPUTER MODEL SUGGEST BANDS ARE NOT EXPECTED TO SHIFT MUCH THROUGH THE NEXT 8 TO 12 HOURS. THIS MEANS BASICALLY WHERE IT IS SNOWING NOW...IT SHOULD CONTINUE. HEAVIEST AMOUNTS WILL BE FROM CLEVELAND TO MANSFIELD EAST INTO THE REST OF NORTHEAST OHIO. LIGHTER AMOUNTS EXPECTED AT ERIE FOR NOW.

Probably 5-7 inches in Chagrin since 8am. :snowman:

AVIATION /18Z WEDNESDAY THROUGH MONDAY/...

-- Changed Discussion --LAKE EFFECT SNOW BAND CONTINUES ACROSS THE FORECAST AREA THIS AFTERNOON WITH MEGA BAND EXTENDING SOUTH OUT OF LAKE HURON ACROSS LAKE ERIE INTO THE CLEVELAND...AKRON CANTON...AND YOUNGSTOWN AREA. ANOTHER BAND OF SNOW EXTENDS SOUTH ACROSS ERIE PENNSYLVANIA. YET ANOTHER BAND IS DIVING SOUTH TOWARD TOLEDO AND FINDLAY. MANSFIELD

CONTINUES TO BE AFFECTED BY MULTIBANDS ACROSS THEIR AREA. LATEST SHORT RANGE LOCAL COMPUTER MODEL SUGGEST BANDS ARE NOT EXPECTED TO SHIFT MUCH THROUGH THE NEXT 8 TO 12 HOURS. THIS MEANS BASICALLY WHERE IT IS SNOWING NOW...IT SHOULD CONTINUE. HEAVIEST AMOUNTS WILL BE FROM CLEVELAND TO MANSFIELD EAST INTO THE REST OF NORTHEAST OHIO. LIGHTER AMOUNTS EXPECTED AT ERIE FOR NOW.

Nice. Fairly certain its over on this side of town. All in all a nice storm that behaved exactly as predicted. Im curious how much fell at home during the day. Probably enough for a 7" total.

Nice. Fairly certain its over on this side of town. All in all a nice storm that behaved exactly as predicted. Im curious how much fell at home during the day. Probably enough for a 7" total.

This was a nice storm. And I was truly surprised with the lake enhancement and lake huron band. Looks like things are shifting to the east for now. A new band looks to be generating. This may push back to the west like earlier today so I'm not sure your area is done. You should have easily exceeded 7 inches. This snow is light it and settling fast.

This was a nice storm. And I was truly surprised with the lake enhancement and lake huron band. Looks like things are shifting to the east for now. A new band looks to be generating. This may push back to the west like earlier today so I'm not sure your area is done. You should have easily exceeded 7 inches. This snow is light it and settling fast.

We have only had fluff snow all winter. I was thinking today about how many winter storm warnings we've been under this winter. I'd imagine that if you added up all that time, it would be over a week.

Saw 1.2" through 7pm yesterday, 4" last night, and thus far 6.1" today best guess (decent amount of blowing/drifting) for a total of 11.3". Am pushing a foot, this lake effect was a bit unexpected on this end, figured some would occur but not to this extent. Had a period of 2" per hour snow from about 12 to 2pm this afternoon which was very nice. Still seeing on and off moderate snow, looks like some more synoptic moisture pinwheeling south across the lake right now.

I'm up to 8.1" here in western Cleveland. Picked up 2.7" yesterday, 2.6" overnight, and 2.8" today. Snowdepth ranges from 7 to 10 inches.

The CLE total is obviously whack. There is no way they could have only reported 4.3" total from this.

trent there is someone in North Ridgeville on the border of cuyhoga county saying he has seen no more then 5 inch snow totals anywhere on the westside. I have called it BS as I have seen you and numerous others report 7-9 inches and that same band effected everywhere from eastern lorain county-Cleveland. Thanks for the accurate snowfall reports it has really helped me in weeding out bad data.

Hahaha from Henry Margusity.

2. A more significant snow event may develop Sunday and Monday from Illinois into PA/NY as a storm gathers strength across the South. The warm front will set up along the Ohio River, and just north of that front, there will be a band of moderate to heavy snow. As I always say, watch where the thunderstorms develop and move north over the warm front, and that's where the heaviest snows will occur. Right now, that areas looks like from Indy to Columbus.

I think his timing is a little off, but he's going with jb it sounds like? We're screwed though.

2. A more significant snow event may develop Sunday and Monday from Illinois into PA/NY as a storm gathers strength across the South. The warm front will set up along the Ohio River, and just north of that front, there will be a band of moderate to heavy snow. As I always say, watch where the thunderstorms develop and move north over the warm front, and that's where the heaviest snows will occur. Right now, that areas looks like from Indy to Columbus.

I think his timing is a little off, but he's going with jb it sounds like? We're screwed though.

That sounds amazing. LOCK IT IN! :lmao:

Why does NWS CLE always seem to re-jigger the snowfall totals after the fact? They raised CLE's total and dropped YNG's total for two days ago? Any ideas? I noticed they'll frequently raise CLE and TOL and drop MFD and YNG.

You called it! 5.2" at YNG, not even remotely similar to any total within 50 miles of it. Clearly a fishy total and clearly the past 7 years worth of records there are doubtful.

On the other vein, I can't figure out this Cleveland Edgewater number. It's within a mile of my house, but they always report half as much snow as I do. As Speedskater can confirm, there's no way only 1.3" fell by 9 pm at that location.

Nope. CLE re-jiggered it from 5.5" to 3.2" yesterday. I guess they didn't believe the observer?

Dilly - Hopefully he can nail this one... even a blind squirrel finds a nut, right? Is JB on board as well?

Honestly I don't see this storm cutting too hard. It may bring warmer temps and slop to some areas of OH but I don't think its a complete wash out for OH.

Why does NWS CLE always seem to re-jigger the snowfall totals after the fact? They raised CLE's total and dropped YNG's total for two days ago? Any ideas? I noticed they'll frequently raise CLE and TOL and drop MFD and YNG.

Because MFD and YNG measure in centimeters or are doing something wacky, and CLE will see an increase of 6" in snow on the ground and only report 5" of snow has fallen. At least that what it seams like and I'm sure the NWS notices.

Dilly - Hopefully he can nail this one... even a blind squirrel finds a nut, right? Is JB on board as well?

Honestly I don't see this storm cutting too hard. It may bring warmer temps and slop to some areas of OH but I don't think its a complete wash out for OH.

Yea he said yesterday, I believe, that he basically called for an apps runner.

Youd have to ask Buckeye, he's a subscriber

Archived