e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Midwest Thanksgiving Storm...

Powerball

• Replies 997
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm, what is all this talk about the models being totally different and changing? As Hoosier says, it really hasn't changed all that much. Snow for Wiscony, upper Great Lakes, and northern MN.

The outcome may not be different, but the upper level pattern on some of the models continues to change significantly from run to run.

Hmm, what is all this talk about the models being totally different and changing? As Hoosier says, it really hasn't changed all that much. Snow for Wiscony, upper Great Lakes, and northern MN.

Some of the lesser phased models had been showing snow in MI/IL/S. WI where as this would be thunderstorms for those regions, there is differences.

Some of the lesser phased models had been showing snow in MI/IL/S. WI where as this would be thunderstorms for those regions, there is differences.

We must be talking about different times. I was referencing what others were which was 120 hours out. Seems to be mostly the same regions seeing best snow accumulations have remained so.

We must be talking about different times. I was referencing what others were which was 120 hours out. Seems to be mostly the same regions seeing best snow accumulations have remained so.

No we are talking about the same times, and I don't mean best accumulations but compare the GFS to the Euro for example, MI for the GFS would be snow for the Euro thunderstorms. One is more phased than the other.

No we are talking about the same times, and I don't mean best accumulations but compare the GFS to the Euro for example, MI for the GFS would be snow for the Euro thunderstorms. One is more phased than the other.

Yes they are differences as expected, snow comes a tad later in the Euro, I guess I have been referencing the snow since this board seems dedicated to how much snow falls.

Yes they are differences as expected, snow comes a tad later in the Euro, I guess I have been referencing the snow since this board seems dedicated to how much snow falls.

Well I just think the point is that track west isn't locked in even if it phases either. Honestly any spot in the Great Lakes is subject to snow or on the other side of the coin, thunderstorms.

The bigger problem I have is the interaction between the first system (Monday) and the second one (Wed/Thurs). The trend with the first system is for it to be stronger, which inturn should drive the front further east with a stronger push of CAA behind it. Unless there is a major amount of WAA ahead of the 2nd system, I would find it hard pressed to go west of Chicago.

Well I just think the point is that track west isn't locked in even if it phases either. Honestly any spot in the Great Lakes is subject to snow or on the other side of the coin, thunderstorms.

Yeah I apologize, I should have made it more clear. The tracks amongst all models have been consistent with snow in northern MI and the UP, WI/Northern MN. I don't see any difference. Thunderstorms over the upper great lakes would pretty much be impossible, so I don't know what you mean by "snow or the other side of the coin, thunderstorms."

Yeah I apologize, I should have made it more clear. The tracks amongst all models have been consistent with snow in northern MI and the UP, WI/Northern MN. I don't see any difference. Thunderstorms over the upper great lakes would pretty much be impossible, so I don't know what you mean by "snow or the other side of the coin, thunderstorms."

I would think the European Model's depiction would give Thunderstorms all the way up to Northern Michigan based upon the 850mb temp/dew extrapolating the day 5/6 maps

Archived