Newest Member
    Toothache
NYC 1/7-1/8 Regional Discussion and Obs

Rib

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

agree tom...going to be fun....nam has all of nj .10+ and the city east .25+

Tim, it sure as heck isn't the blizzard with 6+ hrs of 2"/hr rates but it's definitely going to cause travel issues tomorrow. Quick hitting but intense band of snow, more like an arctic squall rather than a norlun that tends to hang around in the same spot longer.

Tim, it sure as heck isn't the blizzard with 6+ hrs of 2"/hr rates but it's definitely going to cause travel issues tomorrow. Quick hitting but intense band of snow, more like an arctic squall rather than a norlun that tends to hang around in the same spot longer.

does not bother me...one storm for me im good for the rest of the season....small events are fun also....i try to enjoy every flake as snow is always a wild card here

edit: hr 42 light snow moving back into the metro area

Tom,

This will stick immediately down here in W. Monmouth.

Rossi

Rossi -- I agree. We're in the teens now but even if we warm to near freezing, the ground is frozen and hard as a rock. Sticking shouldn't be any issue for anyone, except maybe on the beaches themselves.

Rossi -- I agree. We're in the teens now but even if we warm to near freezing, the ground is frozen and hard as a rock. Sticking shouldn't be any issue for anyone, except maybe on the beaches themselves.

I agree and the focus should be on the morning commute rather than the evening one. Seems most news and alerts have been focusing on the evening. I think things taper down by 2 or so.

RGEM makes it very interesting for that 2nd wave.

http://www.weatherof...ast/c36_100.gif

Looks like the a stornger vort rotates of the PV and tries to pop a low off the coast, nothing major but it could bring something up here. The NAM also hinted at the same feature, but the entire system was too progressive and the SLP escaped to the east

That second area of precipitation is forming out ahead of a strong area of vorticity models are keying in on so far this evening. This feature has been trending stronger on most models. If you look at H5 you can see it develop and shift northeast from the Mid Atlantic around the PV. That being said, I wouldn't put too much stock in any solution. Of course it's good to see, but I can't speak for the accuracy of the models with such a feature. They will always jump around, and when you have smaller scale features like that in place the shifts can become dramatic, or have big effects on the sensible weather.

Archived