Toothache
NYC/PHL Jan 11-14 Threat Potential

am19psu

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Metric FTW! haha

Death, taxes & Americans never figuring out the metric system

lol you guys are really funny. There's an easy way to figure this out which also works well for categorizing SECS, MECS, HECS, etc.

4 inch (10 cm) to 8 inch (20 cm) SECS

8 inch (20 cm) to 16 inch (40 cm) MECS

16 inch (40 cm) + HECS

4-8-16 in inches is the same as 10-20-40 in cm!

the phase is a tad late, kinda like the GFS - trough is too broad for my liking

HUGE potential though

IIRC, the European Model had the last storm wide while the GFS showed it closer to the coast, then they switched places before they both lost it and brought it back.

+1

Stop paying so damn much attention to the surface map, and look at the H5 maps. If the timing's off, the system goes wide right, whether by a little or a lot. As I mentioned in my post that you rather snarkily dismissed, as we saw in December, timing isn't as important as there being players on the field at this point.

Jeez.

And thank YOU.

Let Tombo do the PBP.. thanks

Who's trying to do play by play? I'm making an observation based upon the panel. An observation that should be fairly easy to see.

Without rising heights off the EC, with the vort in that position, there's just no way for the storm to turn the corner in time.

That's not saying it won't happen, but it is saying that as depicted on the 12Z EC on 1/5/11, that storm isn't coming up the EC. We've learned our lessons about trusting timing and split flows and phases from December's event.

Even looking at the surface as soon as you hear 150 east of HSE you know its OTS for us........maybe it could hook back for ME but not us from that spot with the flow so flat.

Who's trying to do play by play? I'm making an observation based upon the panel. An observation that should be fairly easy to see.

Without rising heights off the EC, with the vort in that position, there's just no way for the storm to turn the corner in time.

That's not saying it won't happen, but it is saying that as depicted on the 12Z EC on 1/5/11, that storm isn't coming up the EC. We've learned our lessons about trusting timing and split flows and phases from December's event.

Longer range euro has the PV set up shop north of montana into canada. lakes cutter on the table, with a warm up in the east.

Wasn't there talk about a massive cold snap for the area? Record low temperatures and such I could have swore about this but looking at the temps it dosen't get all that cold.

So all of that 1994 freezing cold talk is no longer showing up?

I should correct myself and better explain myself...from pa south ,temps bout 30-40.. ny north, mostly all lower 30's.. warm up, not a torch. but this is in response the the euro positoning the PV north of Montana and creating a lake cutter .. its all subject to change in the long term.. (200hrs+)

Archived