Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
2024 Mid-Atlantic Garden, Lawn, and Other Green Stuff Thread

mattie g

On 5/4/2024 at 5:07 PM, CAPE said:

@nw baltimore wx

Here is one located on the deck skirting on the front of my house- it's a hot spot. All those bees captured since that initial hot spell in April.

bees.thumb.jpg.1f3f12d349be5e6341c235f1eaf46909.jpg

Looks great!  Going to build some for my yard too.  Did you angle the holes upward into into the mail channel, or were they drilled straight in? 

8 hours ago, toolsheds said:

Looks great!  Going to build some for my yard too.  Did you angle the holes upward into into the mail channel, or were they drilled straight in? 

Drilled on an upward angle. The idea is once the bee gets in, it only sees light at the bottom and goes there thinking its the way out.

1 hour ago, CAPE said:

Drilled on an upward angle. The idea is once the bee gets in, it only sees light at the bottom and goes there thinking its the way out.

thx!  makes sense and wanted to confirm that it indeed was the right way to build them.  Will let you know when I start catching some. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, toolsheds said:

thx!  makes sense and wanted to confirm that it indeed was the right way to build them.  Will let you know when I start catching some. 

The holes they bore are 3/8 to 1/2 inch diameter. Most traps the holes are drilled to half inch. Good luck!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...