joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2024 Foothills Thread

BooneWX

1 hour ago, BornAgain13 said:

How much do u think Lovers Leap will get? They are about 3200' Elevation

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Here's a post from Poor Farmers Market in nearby Meadows of Dan from a couple of hours ago. 

420156968_meadowsofdan.jpg.f93cf661dfd57553e294e9ba21cc2d57.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/poorfarmersmarket/posts/pfbid0AU52HDgq1vTjURNSmdQJctWW9FLTJrWq1XvLxUL9vHsw87spy2xrmb9bKqbRMMzhl

• Like 2

Have to say, the Euro and GFS did pretty dreadful for this system. Both were too far south with the cold and precip. Even 2 days ago both has 1 to 3 inches of snow for most of us. The NAM has been much closer to reality. It gets trashed all the time but its whipped the globals on many occasions here. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, BornAgain13 said:

How much do u think Lovers Leap will get? They are about 3200' Elevation

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

I dont see any of this accumulating outside of the higher mountains. Just the token flakes.

EDIT - I stand corrected!  Just checked the farm cams in Stuart and the ground is covered!!

• Like 1

I have to say in my almost 25 years of weather and model watching, this is one of the oddest systems I can recall. The orientation of the moisture, the temperatures, etc. Almost 70 in South Carolina and 12 near Nashville and 8 inches of snow. 40 and rain in Asheville and heavy snow in northern MS. It's all odd. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

Still raining in Asheville?

No. I never really got much here. Passing shower or two when the highest rates were overhead. I'm down to 36. But, I don't see much reason to keep looking out the window tonight. 

13 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

I for one, look forward to the reset/pattern change. This pattern is obviously not what we need for snow. 

Yeah this patten east of the mountains is making me sick. Hard to stomach watching that one today. The short lived cold coming up is just a waste in my opinion then back to warm and rain. I don't have a clue anymore what it's going to take to get snow in the foothills anymore. Seems impossible right now.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Jmoon said:

Yeah this patten east of the mountains is making me sick. Hard to stomach watching that one today. The short lived cold coming up is just a waste in my opinion then back to warm and rain. I don't have a clue anymore what it's going to take to get snow in the foothills anymore. Seems impossible right now.

One thing that makes me much more optimistic moving forward is that we’ve lacked any sort of snowpack in the higher latitudes to this point. That has changed dramatically the past week and will continue to do so. Southern Canada is a freezer right now and we just need one high pressure to slip into the right spot with an undercutting storm and we’re in business. Of course - easier said than done. 

• Like 1