• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 9th Wind/Rain/Flood OBS

1 minute ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

My Upper Darby sis said it's like a tornado where she is - winds howling, patio furniture moving around, things  thumping, planes flying low.

The rope appears to be dissipating, maybe because a new one seems to have formed just to the east. The rain is getting heavier though. Let me show you the ropes:

Screenshot_20240109_210549_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c05521d42eb87d3b6f9cf9bcb2682c23.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

The rope appears to be dissipating, maybe because a new one seems to have formed just to the east. The rain is getting heavier though. Let me show you the ropes:

Screenshot_20240109_210549_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c05521d42eb87d3b6f9cf9bcb2682c23.jpg

I'm finally "hearing" the howling winds here (from my front which is rare - I usually hear the winds in the back that faces NE).

Wissahickon Creek (at the mouth to the Schuylkill) pretty much out of its banks now as of 8 pm so probably worse with the 9 pm update).

usgs-wissahickon-8pm-graph-01092024.png

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RedSky said:

Guessing the final round behind it will introduce the high winds?

Line went through Torrential Rain sump pump going off for a 7th time in last hour.  The wind with the line was an abrupt switch from South to SW to WSW Winds 35-45 gusts to 50 with the drenching rains.  I am going to check the rain gauge now.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kevin Reilly said:

Line went through Torrential Rain sump pump going off for a 7th time in last hour.  The wind with the line was an abrupt switch from South to SW to WSW Winds 35-45 gusts to 50 with the drenching rains.  I am going to check the rain gauge now.  

Hasn't been windy here I estimate 35mph strongest gusts earlier

35 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

I never have either but it's a good description of this odd convective line! :lol:

KPHL Asos reported a 51 mph gust.

Screenshot 2024-01-09 205936.png

Winds are so strong out of the south at PHL is using runway 17 for all arrivals and departures vs the 27/9 R/L. A few of the 787s to Europe appear to be sitting on the sidelines hoping for the crosswinds to die down enough to take off on 27/9 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dankil13 said:

Winds are so strong out of the south at PHL is using runway 17 for all arrivals and departures vs the 27/9 R/L. A few of the 789s to Europe appear to be sitting on the sidelines hoping for the crosswinds to die down enough to take off on 27/9 

Yeah they are going to have to wait that out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kevin Reilly said:

Winds behind that line are not nearly as strong maybe 15-20 which is like nothing to what we were seeing. 

Agreed, seeing it now. I didn't think winds were too impressive in the line either, although the rain was quite heavy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1