joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

22 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

What do you think the odds are we get a wet swampy summer in Southern pa

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Anything I say would be a major guess.  I love modeling but it is becoming harder and harder to really trust the output so anything that speaks to the summer is guess work, IMO.    I hope it is wet. 

57 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

@Bubbler86 @Mount Joy Snowman - any rough idea on how much MDT is above normal for the month to date? 

It seems this has been addressed by the fine work of Bubbs and JNS but to add.......MDT is likely to have a monthly mean temp of ~48.6 by end-of-day tomorrow.  This would represent a +9.5 departure, so no double-digit, but would be good for the warmest March ever to that point.  Now, that is likely to come down in a big way through the back half of the month, but as of now, they don't come much toastier. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Let's take a moment to give a nod to March of 1960 -- the coldest March in Harrisburg history.  With an average temp of only 32.0 (mercy!), it is almost a full degree lower than 2nd and 3rd places, which are from the 1800's ha. 

T Minus 5-10 min for TCC. 

• Haha 2

Let's take a moment to give a nod to March of 1960 -- the coldest March in Harrisburg history.  With an average temp of only 32.0 (mercy!), it is almost a full degree lower than 2nd and 3rd places, which are from the 1800's ha. 
We will need a huge volcano eruption to get back to the good times

3 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

We will need a huge volcano eruption to get back to the good times

Well we had one, but instead of blocking out the sun with ash and soot it released record amounts of water vapor into the atmosphere, thereby exacerbating the problem.  Can't catch a break ha. 

• Thanks 1

Well we had one, but instead of blocking out the sun with ash and soot it released record amounts of water vapor into the atmosphere, thereby exacerbating the problem.  Can't catch a break ha. 
We need tambora x 2

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Why is he involved in this to begin with? Not a good look for JF as far as I'm concerned. 

I'm not against following rules. (obviously) He just seems to be speaking out of turn. 

I just heard about it but the scuttlebutt, whether true or not, is that Barkley told him the Eagles called early.  So, he let it slip accidentally at a new conference.

• Like 1

And in all seriousness, losing eastern PA and NJ as a recruiting base should be considered a fireable offense. You're battling Pitt and Ohio State for the western PA kids, there's nobody in central PA outside of the once-in-a-generation star like Micah Parsons, there's nobody in northern PA, and Iowa has a weird pipeline to the northwestern part of the state. You can't rely on DC, Nova, and Toronto being where you recruit a top 10 class. Holy god, just don't talk.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Atomixwx said:

And in all seriousness, losing eastern PA and NJ as a recruiting base should be considered a fireable offense. You're battling Pitt and Ohio State for the western PA kids, there's nobody in central PA outside of the once-in-a-generation star like Micah Parsons, there's nobody in northern PA, and Iowa has a weird pipeline to the northwestern part of the state. You can't rely on DC, Nova, and Toronto being where you recruit a top 10 class. Holy god, just don't talk.

Going to be a few 80 readings this afternoon - up to 75 at home now. 
My mother, a saint on Earth, just texted me that it is 82 at her place outside of Orbisonia in Huntingdon county.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

My mother, a saint on Earth, just texted me that it is 82 at her place outside of Orbisonia in Huntingdon county.

76 here - seeing temps approaching 80 on Wunderground down near Rouzerville. Several 78s down that way. 

8 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

76 here - seeing temps approaching 80 on Wunderground down near Rouzerville. Several 78s down that way. 

It is 74 here.  I say Rouzerville but I am about 200 feet up (elevation) about a mile to the south of the Village.   First 70 day of the year.

image.png.8b7453a7741d0c87d15ba6e91ef870cf.png

• Thanks 1

Seems like the thunder boomers in the south are overachieving currently. May be bad news for the Ohio Valley tonight.

My forecast calls for basically a dry frontal passage.

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Yesterday's 12z GFS had temps in the 20s the morning of Opening Day (March 28th) with highs in the 40s.

Today's 12z GFS for the same date has lows in the 50s and highs in the 70s. 

I think the model you are referencing is farther back than yesterday.    The GFS has switched to extending the cold streak next week longer but giving up the end of the month for quite a few runs in a row now.  Yesterday the morning of the 28th was mid 40's at MDT.