Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

23 minutes ago, Storm Clouds said:

Dude please be respectful. We all want it to snow as much as you do, but sometimes your wishcasting and “grasping at straws” approach when things are clearly trending in the wrong direction are a bit much. 

Really, you’ve got to kidding me right?

I’m the disrespectful wishcaster….

Grasping at straws when there is still no model consensus…

Oh… & I’m sitting currently under a Winter Storm Watch from CTP…

Thanks for your contribution…

1 minute ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

In every thread on here the good posters that make quality contributions day after day are getting attacked…

What a crazy freaking world we live in!

I love ya bro….me and you riding this one out until the bitter end since we’re not on Maryland border.

• Thanks 1

Here is some of CTP’s latest Forecast discussion:

”LONG TERM /MONDAY THROUGH SATURDAY/...

KEY MESSAGES: * Increasing potential for plowable to possibly heavy snow Monday night into early Tuesday (February 12-13th) *

A Winter Storm Watch has been issued for portions of central Pennsylvania Monday evening through Tuesday afternoon.

* Some uncertainty still exists on the western fringe and across southern PA, where the placement of the low could allow for longer periods of rain, lowering snowfall totals. All medium range guidance phases a potent southern stream shortwave with the northern branch of the jet early Tuesday, as if lifts northeast from the Miss Valley. The bulk of model guidance tracks the associated deepening surface low just south of PA and off the Delmarva Peninsula by early Tuesday morning, placing much of Central PA in the bullseye for the heaviest precipitation associated with strong warm advection and upper level diffluence north of the low track. A dual jet streak structure favors a region of enhanced fgen forcing in this region north of the low track. Model cross section analyses are also indicating a good instability signature between 06Z-12Z Tuesday, with a layer of negative EPV located in the layer just above the frontogenesis. This scenario supports the potential of intense banding somewhere over Central or Southern PA late Monday night. As for ptype, model consensus currently points to an initial rain/snow mix changing to snow late Monday night in association with dynamic cooling initially, then cold advection on the northwest periphery of the exiting low. Although this scenario definitely supports the possibility for a period of heavy snow across a large portion of Central PA, there remains some significant model spread in the exact low track, which could alter exactly where the heaviest precipitation falls. The 18Z GEPS for instance tracks the surface low considerably further south, which could result in the heaviest precipitation falling over extreme Southeast PA with little over the northern half of the state. The current Winter Storm Watch highlights where model consensus currently supports the best chance of a 6+ inch snowfall. Locations to the north and west of the main swath will get less precip and thus less snow overall, while areas further south (closer to the low track) will have to contend with a longer period of rain before any changeover. Timing has become more clear with recent model guidance, suggesting the heaviest snow will fall during the predawn hours of Tuesday, with the most significant travel impacts expected for the Tuesday morning commute. Please stay tuned for updates to the forecast, as details continue to be ironed out in upcoming forecast cycles.”

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

@Blizzard of 93 I didn't mean to stir. I only made an observation based on previous comments. I even said it could trend better.

0% was directed at you good sir!

The visiting pot stirring posters set me off & being called a disrespectful wishcaster by that one dude put me on edge to say the least.

6 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

In every thread on here the good posters that make quality contributions day after day are getting attacked…

What a crazy freaking world we live in!

Canderson for moderator!

I know he'd do a good job keeping things civil here without being over the top heavy handed.

• Like 1

Winter Storm Watch

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service State College PA
338 AM EST Sun Feb 11 2024

PAZ025>028-034-056-057-059-112045-
/O.CON.KCTP.WS.A.0003.240213T0400Z-240213T1800Z/
Blair-Huntingdon-Mifflin-Juniata-Bedford-Perry-Dauphin-Lebanon-
Including the cities of Altoona, Huntingdon, Mount Union,
Lewistown, Mifflintown, Bedford, Newport, Harrisburg, Hershey,
and Lebanon
338 AM EST Sun Feb 11 2024

...WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY EVENING
THROUGH TUESDAY AFTERNOON...

* WHAT...Heavy snow possible. Total snow accumulations of 2 to 5
  inches possible.

* WHERE...Portions of central Pennsylvania.

* WHEN...From Monday evening through Tuesday afternoon.

* IMPACTS...Plan on slippery road conditions. The hazardous
  conditions could impact the morning commute.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Rain will turn to snow through the night
  Monday night and early Tuesday. The storm track is now expected
  to be slightly farther north. This should allow the
  precipitation to stay rain for longer during the storm. Thus,
  snowfall totals are expected to be less than earlier forecasts
  for southern PA. The watch may be cancelled if the expected snow
  amounts continue to drop.