Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
NYC/PHL Dec 26-27 Potential - Part 6

dryslotted

• Replies 974
  • Created
  • Last Reply

whats key imo for this storm to be a MECS for phl-nyc-nj-ct is when the trof goes neutral and when the 500mb low closes off. If it's sooner...say over KY like 12/21 Euro had then it would pull the storm back to the NJ coast and result like that euro runs 971-985 mb bomb off NJ. If its later then the low will be more and more east as the closed off h5 low will pull in the storm too late and nail SNE mostly.

there are the two tracks imo ...1) mecs nyc/phl/nj/li 2) sne mecs..secs nyc

Talk about a rollercoaster ride. Haven't been around much between work, a 36-hour poker jag in AC yesterday (I won $500, woohoo!) and our drive down to Charlotte today to spend Christmas with Mom and my sister's family, so I haven't been able to follow this one closely. However, I just spent much of the past hour trying to catch up on the last day or two and it reads like what Robert Ludlum would've written if he were a met, lol. If there ends up being a decent snowstorm, after all, from Philly to NYC (and elsewhere), someone needs to write this all up and try to explain what exactly happened and why - and maybe use that to correct some obvious biases/errors in almost every model that runs. I know model error bars obviously decrease as we get closer to an event, especially within 36 hours, so if we get model consensus on tonight's 00Z runs, then I guess we'll have to start taking this threat seriously. The only bad thing, for me, is that if it does pan out, I'll miss it, which will be really annoying.

I'll be on at 11 with a First Call. I'm still confused, but have to go with something. We just can't ignore this new 00z data.

Glenn

The way you are able to convey this information to the general population, I think most people are willing to accept and stay with you on a forecast that's evolving the way this one is. You've made it clear that this is somewhat or completely unprecedented wrt the lack of a model consensus at this range, so I like going with a first call and hedging a bit in case the Euro clobbers us later...

Archived