Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2023 Mountains Spring/Summer Thread

Tyler Penland

2 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

It's beautiful. 

I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder lol. 

My second favorite time of year weather-wise is afternoon thunderstorm season. So I’m a tad bummed that the pattern won’t be so supportive. On the bright side - trout season is here to stay.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BooneWX said:

I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder lol. 

My second favorite time of year weather-wise is afternoon thunderstorm season. So I’m a tad bummed that the pattern won’t be so supportive. On the bright side - trout season is here to stay.

We are just getting into June this week. The longer we can hold off the heat the better. Also delays any kind of drought if we have one this year.

• Like 1

It’s been pouring in Hickory since a bit before noon. Radar gives no sign of it drying up anytime soon, either. I just passed the one inch mark since midnight after 0.61 inch for yesterday’s calendar day.

Note: I always love the “It’s raining cats and dogs” message on the Davis Vantage Vue receiver.  =)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Buckethead said:

I picked up just over 2.6" from this event up here. Pretty impressive, but the cold temps were more noteworthy to me this weekend.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Yeah they where. Some 20 to 30 degrees below normal.. Both Saturday and yesterday we never reached 60 and for the end of May that's impressive. 

• Like 1

Just over 2.5 inches here in Hickory. We needed that rainfall, too. It had been dry.

Like [mention=2505]Buckethead[/mention] , I was loving and impressed by the cool temps. Such an aberration for late May. As far as I am concerned, I would love for these below normal temps to continue.

I'd be fine with it continuing as well. It'll keep trout season going!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

• Like 2