• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Christmas 2022 Redux in February because once is just not good enough in this crappy winter

Albedoman

Another abysmal cold spell top remind us of this lackluster winter- 2-3 days after Ground Hogs day with virtually no snow on the ground again-  the pity hits just keep coming this winter.  Gotta talk about this last gasp of winter since the rest of February appears to be toasty.  Even the ground Hog has a message for all of us after this cold outbreak: 

image.jpeg.3333d17be15f1c40067296ce8f361061.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

• Albedoman changed the title to Christmas 2022 Redux in February because once is just not good enough in this crappy winter
45 minutes ago, Albedoman said:

Another abysmal cold spell top remind us of this lackluster winter- 2-3 days after Ground Hogs day with virtually no snow on the ground again-  the pity hits just keep coming this winter.  Gotta talk about this last gasp of winter since the rest of February appears to be toasty.  Even the ground Hog has a message for all of us after this cold outbreak: 

image.jpeg.3333d17be15f1c40067296ce8f361061.jpeg

Can’t even see his shadow on a sunny beach :lol:

This thread title even failed..models have backed off significantly with the cold snap now have lows around 20 or upper teens at best this weekend with run of the mill BN high temps for this time of year. No pre-Christmas redux....even that has failed us. But we know the raging SER and warm looks in the LR will verify 100%. Please bring on May asap!

gfs_T2m_neus_17.png

1 hour ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

This thread title even failed..models have backed off significantly with the cold snap now have lows around 20 or upper teens at best this weekend with run of the mill BN high temps for this time of year. No pre-Christmas redux....even that has failed us. But we know the raging SER and warm looks in the LR will verify 100%. Please bring on May asap!

gfs_T2m_neus_17.png

Fine with me. At this point, single digit temps are just salt in the wound w/o snow on the ground.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

gfs_T2m_neus_17.png

That’s fine by me. Stupid cold with a bare ground and no hope of snow just sucks. Hopefully it moderates to just slightly below freezing by the weekend then we slide into early spring the next week. Take this winter to the wood chipper. I’m ready for golf, fishing, and gardening.

• Like 1

Iconic (LOL) says differently but the SER will send that extreme cold back to Canada until March real quick. With the MJO in the Phase 3-4 range and circling around the COD for the next 2-4 weeks,  I see a major accumulating March snowstorm event - as likely outcome as the MJO attempts to head toward  Phase 8 and  the La Nina pattern slowly dies off with a relaxing SER in late Feb. I have seen this same type of dying pattern unfold many times in my lifetime at the end of a dying La Nina/El Nino pattern. Until then, need to joke around some more. Not saying another 1993 superstorm is in the works but a 1958 March type of snowstorm is not out of the realm of storms threats for our area in March. Winter will not be dead until after Easter IMHO. 

https://www.mcall.com/news/weather/mc-nws-1958-noreaster-lehigh-valley-20180320-story.html

https://arcfieldweather.com/blog/2021/3/18/715-am-the-great-blizzard-of-march-18-21-1958one-of-the-worst-snowstorms-ever-in-eastern-pennsylvania

icon_T2m_neus_35.png

• Weenie 1

1 hour ago, Albedoman said:

Iconic (LOL) says differently but the SER will send that extreme cold back to Canada until March real quick. With the MJO in the Phase 3-4 range and circling around the COD for the next 2-4 weeks,  I see a major accumulating March snowstorm event - as likely outcome as the MJO attempts to head toward  Phase 8 and  the La Nina pattern slowly dies off with a relaxing SER in late Feb. I have seen this same type of dying pattern unfold many times in my lifetime at the end of a dying La Nina/El Nino pattern. Until then, need to joke around some more. Not saying another 1993 superstorm is in the works but a 1958 March type of snowstorm is not out of the realm of storms threats for our area in March. Winter will not be dead until after Easter IMHO. 

https://www.mcall.com/news/weather/mc-nws-1958-noreaster-lehigh-valley-20180320-story.html

https://arcfieldweather.com/blog/2021/3/18/715-am-the-great-blizzard-of-march-18-21-1958one-of-the-worst-snowstorms-ever-in-eastern-pennsylvania

icon_T2m_neus_35.png

Same thing I posted this am in the mid atl sub....minus the mention of specific storms.

A potent cold front marking the leading edge of a very cold
Arctic air mass will approach from the northwest late Thursday
night into early Friday morning. Both the deterministic and
ensemble suites continue to indicate bitterly cold conditions
Friday night into Saturday morning especially. This may rival
the cold we had the week before Christmas in terms of intensity,
though the good news is it will not be as prolonged with
temperatures already looking to moderate back to normal by
Sunday.
  • Weenie 1