• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2023

IrishRob17

I thought half the county was in the process of washing into the Hudson based on the radar. Nice to hear that it isn't. Meanwhile here I'm around 3.3, as low as 3 at the Somers Mesonet station and a couple of WU stations as high as 3.7. The roads are surprisingly good but there's a lot of water pooling and running across the roads and inch or two deep.

It can stop now. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, hudsonvalley21 said:

0.01” In the last 3 hours here. I’m in the cutoff as you are. Upton’s QPF map is still bullish for our neck of the woods. We’ll see how it unfolds.

AE14E3BC-E00B-4463-87C8-4FB1EA9AA680.png

The HRRR keeps trying to push rain west but its not happening on the radar.  The 18Z HRRR had rain pushed to our west at 4pm for example. 

23 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

Wow!  83 for the high here, sick of this humidity, wish I didn’t uninstall in my bedroom at least. 

83 for the high here. Dewpts in the mid 60’s made it very summer like. I’m glad that I didn’t shut down the central a/c yet.  Feel bad for your climate conditions in your bedroom. :(

• Like 1

10 hours ago, hudsonvalley21 said:

83 for the high here. Dewpts in the mid 60’s made it very summer like. I’m glad that I didn’t shut down the central a/c yet.  Feel bad for your climate conditions in your bedroom. :(

@BxEngineis truly a busy man because you commenting on conditions in my bedroom is a golden opportunity for one of his attempts at humor. Oh well. I was bamboozled by the Hoodie Crowd who despite being in warmer climes were weeks ahead of true hoodie season. Again, oh well. This morning is not quite as dewey as yesterday so it's more tolerable. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Another morning with super dense fog... Between all the rain and so many crazy wet mornings like this everything is soggy, mildewed and moldy with obvious rot on anything wood that's untreated. Aesthetically it sux because the colors are muted due to fungus and mold but it's given invasives a fantastic environment to overwhelm that natives. The jumping worm population is off the hook and I recently found hammerhead worms in the yard. Yesterday I found one a foot long! Fuggin YUCK :axe:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, gravitylover said:

Another morning with super dense fog... Between all the rain and so many crazy wet mornings like this everything is soggy, mildewed and moldy with obvious rot on anything wood that's untreated. Aesthetically it sux because the colors are muted due to fungus and mold but it's given invasives a fantastic environment to overwhelm that natives. The jumping worm population is off the hook and I recently found hammerhead worms in the yard. Yesterday I found one a foot long! Fuggin YUCK :axe:

Never heard of them. Looked them up and they could be toxic to humans and pets. :(

https://news.vt.edu/articles/2023/08/hammerhead_worms_expert.html#:~:text=Hammerhead worms are once again,dangerous to humans and pets.

• Thanks 1

Yeah they're a thing and it sucks. The only things that have come into our fenced yard in the last 10 years are plants from nurseries. Now I have all sortsa horrible invasives. That's why I didn't plant much for foodstuffs this year, I was hoping for another drought year to cook the soil under black plastic. It didn't work out that way... 

• Sad 1