• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
98L 10% Lemon special. South Texas drought buster?

98L is the rare 10% invest.  I think high ends is a weak TS, a TD would help South Texas which is in dangerous drought and which will likely see wildfires.  SHIPS 25 knots seems about right unless it starts further East.  (SHIPS before landfall, post landfall, not land SHIPS was 27 knots...

• Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1

Subtle differences between GEFS, Canadian ensembles and ECENS that are incredibly subtle to anyone, but difference between Matagorda or Padre Island is big for my lawn.  Dark sky, storm SW of us drifting SW has an anvil blowing slowly NE, or cyclonic flow under a weak anticyclone.  Satellite/radar confirms the sensible weather of a storm moving away but anvil being pushed towards us.

• Weenie 1

16 minutes ago, Normandy said:

The vort max ESE of Brownsville might be the one to watch

That is why another day it could have been a contender.  It is almost common for competing centers delaying organization, Dorian was a nothing burger helped by land organization, a separate dominant MLC and LLC, and just a fairly small volcanic island killing the existing primary LLC allowing the dominant MLC to develop the primary LLC and cut a day or three of mini-Fujiwara of competing centers rotating around a mean center until one wins.  Joe Bastardi, in the day, probably now, pigs fighting at the trough.  Or something like that.  ~5 years since PPV WxBell

17 minutes ago, Prospero said:

I bet everybody over there can "feel" the air move over them as a part of a huge thing, even if it is weak.

I so LOVE that feeling, being a tiny tiny speck in a system going round and round. 

Cold fronts are OK, a wave coming through. But tropical systems are special.

;)

Less breezy in Houston than Lafayette was on the periphery of Georges some year in the 20th Century, but the bit less humid feel (Northeast winds at 1 pm are now SE at 6 pm as the low has moved past our longitude) and fair weather cu moving briskly, yeah, I feel it.  Already losing that just a few hours post NE winds...

• Like 1

Unofficial TD  May get reviewed post season, depending, probably, whether NHC has their @ldub23 3/0/0 season or there are landfalling majors, (more than one if the storms don't run over reduced OHC from a prior major) in October.  This is a cyclone that might be interesting as a compare and contrast to Humberto, but was a drought relieving (not curing) nothing burger, if the post season review season isn't too busy.  I know they do post-season tropical storm upgrades, they may just not do post-season TD analysis on something not already numbered. )hanks to the pro-met who seems to exist only as a troll weenie tagged me for what had a 35 knot ceiling which I clearly mentioned original post.  If hoping for rain is 'Weenie', maybe.  I am a weenie, if you are on this board only for OT and politics forum, maybe you aren't.  But you aren't reading this unless you're mentioned and someone tells you...  The pro-mets (one pro-met here, and JB excluded) started as weenies, still like Cat 5s if they miss land, but keep it real as a professional obligation.  JB and a forum degreed met in Florida have trouble not seeing the outlier solutions are unlikely for a reason.