• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 2022 Observations

yotaman

ATL’s low was 25. Looking at the hourlies, it was down to 26 at 4 AM (EDT), but it dropped only 1 the next 4 hours. Even way down at Macon the low was 22, which is a new record low!

At 25, that was still ATL’s coldest of the season barely beating the 3 26s of January. That makes this the third latest coldest on record there (back to 1879) and the latest when there was no snowcover.

SAV’s low was 28, coldest since Jan 30th and very well forecasted by the GFS. The Euro was a little too warm (near 30). The high there is forecasted to be only in the middle 50s, ~15 BN, with extremely low dewpoints. Though not as cold, it is still expected to be another well BN one there tonight (middle 30s), which should result in frost.

It got down to freezing all of the way to the coast with St. Simons Island and Ft. Pulaski down to 32! Those were well forecasted by the GFS. The Euro was several degrees too warm at SSI.

@gtg947h @Awesomesauce81 mainly for SAV area lows, including Hunter at 28.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, NorthHillsWx said:

Loud boomers for over an hour this morning. A lot of the spring mulch I had put out earlier this week was washed into my driveway. Must’ve been a gully washer 3-4 am 

Yeah we needed it! Hopefully it results in a good supply of Oyster Mushrooms :) They are tasty.

Today is a near perfect day in my area for being outdoors with sunshine, highs in the low 70s, and dewpoints down in the 30s. I wish there were more days like this. Tomorrow will also be nice with dewpoints still on the low side and similar temperatures. Looking for a chilly cooler than normal low tonight in the low 40s.

• jburns unpinned this topic