Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
“Let’s Talk Winter”

Steve

Just now, buckeye said:

can't wait until tomorrow when the radars are fired up and we start dissecting every hrrr run.   

You guys remember that one 2 years ago in January.    Started off as rain and sleet and was suppose to changeover but it took hours longer than expected.    The local meterologists caught all kinds of hell. :lol:

Oh yeah!!! 

40 minutes ago, buckeye said:

You guys remember that one 2 years ago in January.    Started off as rain and sleet and was suppose to changeover but it took hours longer than expected.    The local meterologists caught all kinds of hell. :lol:

Don't remind me. My little page of 600 followers gave me all kinds of hell and I'm not even a met lol. I had to explain what I'm explaining now, that these south to north type systems are hard to predict the day of let alone 2 days out. But everyone was wrong with it, so I didn't feel bad lol

Well I can get why Ohio people have their own discussion, the main thread for this storm is Chicago, Chicago, Chicago and all points around.  Typical of any other event in the Ohio Valley if it doesn’t impact Chicago it’s not worth discussing.  I seriously hope this storm isn’t a massive ice producer here, would be devastating but not as confident we avoid that along 71 as I was earlier.

Just now, NTXYankee said:

Well I can get why Ohio people have their own discussion, the main thread for this storm is Chicago, Chicago, Chicago and all points around.  Typical of any other event in the Ohio Valley if it doesn’t impact Chicago it’s not worth discussing.  I seriously hope this storm isn’t a massive ice producer here, would be devastating but not as confident we avoid that along 71 as I was earlier.

I don't even go read the other thread because of it lol. I just stay here like I have for 16 years lol

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, dilly84 said:

I don't even go read the other thread because of it lol. I just stay here like I have for 16 years lol

It’s honestly annoying.  I can’t stand winter but this storm will impact millions and very concerned for this area down to Kentucky.  It’s the same in severe weather season.  People disappear once it leaves Illinois and Indiana, lol.  Oh well.

35 minutes ago, NTXYankee said:

Dude, read the sub topic "Ohio and Surrounding States", Ohio does NOT HAVE THEIR OWN DISCUSSION!

Just now, HighTechEE said:

Dude, read the sub topic "Ohio and Surrounding States", Ohio does NOT HAVE THEIR OWN DISCUSSION!

lol that’s funny.  Let me know when the Illinois, Chicago area discussion moves to the entire Ohio Valley for this storm.

18 minutes ago, HighTechEE said:

Then we should.   No offense to anyone in the sub but this storm is the perfect example of why we should be separate. 

Chicago and MI posters are rooting for opposite trends as us.   We all want to post info that bolsters the outcome we want.  So it turns into a pissing match of "this model went south...that model went north...this model is trash...that model does the best"...etc.

It's like being part of a sports forum and fans from two teams playing each other are posting in the same thread.  Nothing good comes from it and it always turns into a pissing match.   

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, NTXYankee said:

0z NAM a massive sleet storm for counties along both sides of 71, granted better than freezing rain but ugh, a block of ice with the cold air.

Sleet generally will not bring about losing power as it does not tend to stick to stuff as much. But yeah I would rather have snow or nothing than have a glacial mess on the ground, roads, walks, and (ugh)cars.  Anything but an ice storm.

2 minutes ago, buckeye said:

Then we should.   No offense to anyone in the sub but this storm is the perfect example of why we should be separate. 

Chicago and MI posters are rooting for opposite trends as us.   We all want to post info that bolsters the outcome we want.  So it turns into a pissing match of "this model went south...that model went north...this model is trash...that model does the best"...etc.

It's like being part of a sports forum and fans from two teams playing each other are posting in the same thread.  Nothing good comes from it and it always turns into a pissing match.   

Plus the main complaint was about Chicago. Illinois is not a surrounding state-it does not touch Ohio. Bad enough we are adjacent to TSUN and are included with them lol.

• Like 1

Sorry guys didn’t want to start anything with that main thread, just got obnoxious and I vented here.  This storm is as frustrating as severe weather season.  You don’t want a cold front or outflow blasting through yet it does and now you want a front blasting through and it appears it will only go so far and enough to create issues, lol.  Something doesn’t add up though with these placements.

I am becoming concerned though that Central Ohio could be in for a historic ice storm, maybe not so much Columbus which would be crippling given the size, but somewhere around here.

4 minutes ago, NTXYankee said:

Sorry guys didn’t want to start anything with that main thread, just got obnoxious.  This storm is as frustrating as severe weather season.  You don’t want a cold front or outflow blasting through yet it does and now you want a front blasting through and it appears it will only go far enough to create issues, lol.  Something doesn’t add up though with these placements.

It's all good.  This debate about splitting off the sub comes up every year.   This sub is definitely Chicago to lower Michigan centric.