12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
NYC/PHL Dec 26-27 Potential - Part 4

am19psu

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am impressed with the end results. The NAM looked like garbage compared to the ideal 0z GFS and it still ends up close. If it had the exact same upper level height configuration, this would have been even more impressive than the 0Z GFS. NAM is also ridiculously unstable near the circulation, and convection going to play a huge role here.

I am impressed with the end results. The NAM looked like garbage compared to the ideal 0z GFS and it still ends up close. If it had the exact same upper level height configuration, this would have been even more impressive than the 0Z GFS. NAM is also ridiculously unstable near the circulation, and convection going to play a huge role here.

We're teetering on the edge here. If the guidance continues to trend stronger with the shortwave that amplifies into OK/KS and then essentially scoops up the shortwave on the Gulf Coast...we're going to see dramatic results. If not, we're going to see a dramatic trend backwards.

12/20/09

was 1-2 ft from va to almost to nyc

Yeah, but from an analog standpoint it's terrible.

12/27/04 dropped 6-8 inches on the south fork, 2-4 for a good part of the NYC metro thanks to the upper low that rotated in behind the storm...that feature will need to be watched closely on this event as well as it could surprise us.

I told earthlight that I liked 12/20/09 as an analog about 5 days ago. The west ridge, however, was much further west.

I think 12/27/04 is a better analog.

Interesting, thanks.

Archived