Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Spring 2021

5 minutes ago, paweather said:

Frost warnings, potential? :-) 

NY Border gets down near 40.  Maybe hoping for a sub 40 reading there is more realistic.  LOL.   Record wise it is quite common to get into the 40's in June at MDT but has never made it down into the 30's.  It has actually made it at least into the 40's every month at MDT including July. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

LOL.  Its the first time Future radar hits me since I started watching it last week.  This side of the mountain is getting drier than the inside of a desiccant packet.

Forecast all week has been a teaser with 60% or higher chances of rain and not a drop.  I surely don’t want what the euro is showing.    Too much 

Just now, Cashtown_Coop said:

Forecast all week has been a teaser with 60% or higher chances of rain and not a drop.  I surely don’t want what the euro is showing.    Too much 

Yes, and the forecasts are too often influenced by those bloated NAM and GFS outputs I spoke about earlier today.  One storm equals rain for the whole area the last week or so.  The EC totals are over 72+ hours so not too bad...plus a nice Saturday to boot. 

1 minute ago, canderson said:

86/73 at 3 pm. It’s quite uncomfortable out. Glad it’s not hot. 

Your post, after a recent downpour,  reminds of the sales pitch Time Share people try to use in convincing people Florida is ok in the summer.  "It rains every afternoon and cools you off".  It does rain a lot of afternoons, especially in the middle of the state where the sea breezes converge, but it is god awful after the rain.  It goes from 92 and moderately humid to 86 and ultra humid.  Wearing glasses is a hazard in seeing with the fogged up lenses. 

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

Your post, after a recent downpour,  reminds of the sales pitch Time Share people try to use in convincing people Florida is ok in the summer.  "It rains every afternoon and cools you off".  It does rain a lot of afternoons, especially in the middle of the state where the sea breezes converge, but it is god awful after the rain.  It goes from 92 and moderately humid to 86 and ultra humid.  Wearing glasses is a hazard in seeing with the fogged up lenses. 

When we were there in May the weather was perfect, now I can only imagine it is fire HOT. 

I

Orlando specific, it could be 75 there right now and its still miserable.  Almost all of June through Sept and most of April, May, and Oct.  You were fortunate if it was not humid.  

Currently 94/65 at MCO.

7 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Orlando specific, it could be 75 there right now and its still miserable.  Almost all of June through Sept and most of April, May, and Oct.  You were fortunate if it was not humid.  

No it wasn't, we definitely lucked out for the week as we returned the next week's forecast looked like summer humidity time. 

3 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

How do millions of people live like that? I’ll never understand.

Del Boca Vista is one explanation. 

I played a lot of tennis down there and could lose 10 pounds in a match.  When not doing outdoor stuff on purpose you keep inside. LOL. 

Another thing, it is MUCH windier up here which helps some.  That 76/74 is usually calm winds as well which makes it so much worse.  

Del Boca Vista is one explanation

I played a lot of tennis down there and could lose 10 pounds in a match.  When not doing outdoor stuff on purpose you keep inside. LOL. 

I mean I suppose when the old blood doesn’t circulate as well as it once did, maybe 90 feels like 70. I spent enough time in my grandparents’ houses when they were alive for that to seem like an educated guess.

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Del Boca Vista is one explanation. 

Another thing, it is MUCH windier up here which helps some.  That 76/74 is usually calm winds as well which makes it so much worse.  

Jimmy "Bubbler" Connors? 

• Haha 2

Just now, TimB84 said:

I mean I suppose when the old blood doesn’t circulate as well as it once did, maybe 90 feels like 70. I spent enough time in my grandparents’ houses when they were alive for that to seem like an educated guess.

Yep, that is what I meant.  Most people seem to get less and less cold resistant as they age.  So its not as bad to them as we think it would be.  But with that said, the population is not as old as one would think  There are a LOT of younger people there who just put up with miserable temps.  Hurricanes are vastly overrated as to an actual issue for large areas.  It happens but its not that often.