• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yuyuer0221
    Newest Member
    yuyuer0221

Dec 29-Jan 2 potential storm event

9 hours ago, michsnowfreak said:

13-14 (king of all), 14-15 (finally a 17" storm), 17-18 were good for snow on snow. You're in naples permanently or just for winter? You would have enjoyed the Christmas snow on the east side. Pattern going forward definitely has potential.

Yea my coworker back home is a huge snowlover and told me all about the christmas snow. Think my house got around 4 inches that day, although it took like 20 hours to get 4 inches. First Christmas in awhile that had decent accumulating snow. Just down here in florida for the winter. Since we suck at legit snowstorms, i figured i wouldn't miss a thing. Not one thunderstorm down here since ive been here lol. Maybe its me? Hopefully y'all can get surprised tomorrow and some banding can setup, ala feb 5, 2011. Ill always remember that storm. Mother nature felt sorry for us about GHD I going NW last minute and threw us a bone. Models had the feb 5 wave tracking down through Kentucky but somehow detroit reeled it in the last 48 hours. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo6899 said:

Yea my coworker back home is a huge snowlover and told me all about the christmas snow. Think my house got around 4 inches that day, although it took like 20 hours to get 4 inches. First Christmas in awhile that had decent accumulating snow. Just down here in florida for the winter. Since we suck at legit snowstorms, i figured i wouldn't miss a thing. Not one thunderstorm down here since ive been here lol. Maybe its me? Hopefully y'all can get surprised tomorrow and some banding can setup, ala feb 5, 2011. Ill always remember that storm. Mother nature felt sorry for us about GHD I going NW last minute and threw us a bone. Models had the feb 5 wave tracking down through Kentucky but somehow detroit reeled it in the last 48 hours. 

4 inches sounds about right. There was a heavy band in the afternoon that dropped an inch in less than an hour, otherwise it was a lighter snow globe all day. Christmas 2017 was better Actually, but this was more of a surprise and snow fell all day Christmas. actually, every snow event this season has been east side (Macomb, Wayne, monroe) special. Yesterday was the first time nw burbs had more snow than se burbs. but not a single tstorm in Florida in 2 months!?:ocan definitely tell you're more about storms over winter as a whole...florida winter would be my nightmare. :lol:

Snow that fell on top of the ice knocked out power to over 31,000 in South Bend-Elkhart. Fortunately mine is still on but it’s going to be a long day for power crews.

06F84343-678D-462A-A932-FE32C234D796.jpeg

21912E55-F5AE-4CD6-AFE9-D9044CFA5DDA.jpeg

576CFEEF-8867-4574-9332-CC2CC3638CCC.jpeg

• Like 4

Event 1...

ORD: 2.6" snow/sleet.

Here: 3.4" snow/sleet and ~0.20" ice.

Event 2...

ORD: 1.3" snow/sleet.

Here: 1.3" snow/sleet and glaze of ice.

• Like 1

32 right now. About 4 deg higher than the forecast high for today. I'd like to see some of this ice melt off the trees.

My 2 day snow total is 3.8" with 2.5" coming last night. Not bad. We've had snow on the ground since Christmas eve. Our longest stretch so far lol. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Snowstorms said:

My 2 day snow total is 3.8" with 2.5" coming last night. Not bad. We've had snow on the ground since Christmas eve. Our longest stretch so far lol. 

Surprised your bigger storms didn't last longer. But its definitely been that kind of winter so far. Better to have had and lost than not had at all though lol.

Nov 22- 1.7", lasted 1 day

Dec 1- 4.3", lasted 3-4 days

Dec 17- 3.1", lasted 3- 4 days 

Dec 25- 3.6", lasted 3-4 days

• Like 1

I got roughly a third of an inch of ice with the freezing rain, but it was the backside snow that pushed many of the trees here to their breaking point. I only got ~1.5" of snow but it was super wet and stuck so well to the trees that the forest floor is nearly barren of snow. Walking outside last night during the snow sounded like a thunderstorm from all the falling trees and limbs.

Raw totals from the storm aren't very impressive but this will certainly be a storm to remember.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, MIstorm97 said:

Weenie-ing it up here at the Michigan State Capitol

E3FD0E0A-02BB-4050-8B1C-8517586D1168.png

Yeah, i intercepted that band as it was evident it was going to be through here. Got to haslett and had 45-50dbZ overhead. It was legit snowballs falling from the sky!

This was some of the most incredible snow I had ever seen, haslett got 3-4ish" in like 90 mins.

It was so hard to drive in it. I was not expecting this in the least but boy did I love it. In the morning the trees were (and still are!) gorgeous!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LansingWeather said:

Yeah, i intercepted that band as it was evident it was going to be through here. Got to haslett and had 45-50dbZ overhead. It was legit snowballs falling from the sky!

This was some of the most incredible snow I had ever seen, haslett got 3-4ish" in like 90 mins.

It was so hard to drive in it. I was not expecting this in the least but boy did I love it. In the morning the trees were (and still are!) gorgeous!

I’m glad I took the drive from Detroit to Lansing. Rates were incredible and the snowflakes were huge. I96 was just a crapshoot. Completely snow covered and icy...and visibility was a few hundred feet at times in the band. Had to take video of the event because it was just too good. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, MIstorm97 said:

I’m glad I took the drive from Detroit to Lansing. Rates were incredible and the snowflakes were huge. I96 was just a crapshoot. Completely snow covered and icy...and visibility was a few hundred feet at times in the band. Had to take video of the event because it was just too good. 

Nice, thanx.  Around 20 seconds in looks like a scene from Ice Road Truckers lol 

8 minutes ago, MIstorm97 said:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MIstorm97 said:

Wow! Great video! I took this screenshot during the peak I saw the band. I took some videos too but I was in a no light area and not really worth looking at haha.

Screenshot_20210101-232210.png

• Like 1