• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..

Just now, matt8204 said:

Deshaun Watson to the Browns.  Wonder where Baker Mayfield ends up.

https://www.nfl.com/news/texans-qb-deshaun-watson-expected-to-be-traded-to-browns

Browns fans are furious with this trade browsing the forums tonight. 250 million guaranteed and the compensation is insane 3 1st and 2 more picks. Watson is good but he is not worth that.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Browns fans are furious with this trade browsing the forums tonight. 250 million guaranteed and the compensation is insane 3 1st and 2 more picks. Watson is good but he is not worth that.

Yeah, but the Browns window to win is now with their roster and they went and got the best QB they could, which I can never disagree with. Bills fans know the torture of below average QBs for 2 decades and how fun it is now. I think it's more the confusion of why they're giving up on Mayfield and mortgaging the future. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

@wolfie09 What are your thoughts on the Yankees this season? Pitching going to be their demise again?

Yeah probably lol

Last year it was the offense that really let them down, pitching was actually OK for the most part.. They need a bounce back year from some of their players like DJ and Torres, also need Cole to be that 300 mill pitcher he is supposed to be.. The pitching has lots of question marks after him though, like sevy who looked great at the end of last year but I'm not sure he can hold up for an entire season lol The Yankees are still looking into improving the roster so they are not really a finished product yet.. With the added playoffs spot I definitely think the Yankees get in but after that it's a total crapshoot lol

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Leelee said:

Yeah, but the Browns window to win is now with their roster and they went and got the best QB they could, which I can never disagree with. Bills fans know the torture of below average QBs for 2 decades and how fun it is now. I think it's more the confusion of why they're giving up on Mayfield and mortgaging the future. 

I think the Browns fans were mad at the character of the player they are getting in Watson. They want nothing to do with a man like that in what he did. Can't blame them, I wouldn't be able to cheer for him either. That's after giving him 250 million and 3 1st round (likely high) draft picks. They lost ODB and Landry. Cooper isn't that great. They have a great running game and good defense but they aren't better than the Bills even with Watson. 

14 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

7 spots instead of 6 now? 

It went from 5 to 6. ..

The previous format was the 3 division winners and 2 wildcards, who played a 1 game play in game..

New format is 3 division and 3 wildcard..The 2 best teams get a bye and the other 4 teams play a 3 game wildcard..I'm pretty sure the better team gets all the games at home for the wildcard round..

The 12-team format now will be as follows. Again, this is per league. 

1 seed: Best overall record
2 seed: Second-best record among division winners

Those top two seeds get byes to the second round. 

3 seed: Third-best division winner record
4-6 seeds: Three best records among non-division winners, in order of record

If you go by last year for example, jays would of played the white Sox, Yankees would of played the redsox and TB/Hou would have a first round bye..The white Sox and redsox would be the home team for all 3 wildcard games .It puts more emphasis on being one of the top 2 teams lol

Screenshot_20220319-115729.png

On 3/19/2022 at 11:47 AM, BuffaloWeather said:

I think the Browns fans were mad at the character of the player they are getting in Watson. They want nothing to do with a man like that in what he did. Can't blame them, I wouldn't be able to cheer for him either. That's after giving him 250 million and 3 1st round (likely high) draft picks. They lost ODB and Landry. Cooper isn't that great. They have a great running game and good defense but they aren't better than the Bills even with Watson. 

I assumed the Browns cleared Watson well enough to mortgage their future for him.  But... then I saw that the Browns purposely gave Watson a deal where if he gets suspended again, he'd only lose $1M from his base contract. So, yeah...

Winning in the NFL supersedes anything you do in life though, unfortunately.

On 3/18/2022 at 7:14 PM, cny rider said:

They are giving up a lot for a guy who has great talent but tremendous risk to his career.

He's probably looking at a six-game suspension next season despite the criminal charges being dropped.  The Browns apparently structured the contract so that they're not paying out as much in 2022 to account for the probable suspension.  You're right though, that's a lot of money.  

On 3/19/2022 at 1:05 AM, Leelee said:

Mayfield was hurt last year but I read that the Browns felt there were attitude issues with him also.  Still, they could be trading one headache for another here.  Interested to see how it plays out.

On 3/18/2022 at 10:33 PM, BuffaloWeather said:

It's amazing how each new contract in the NFL seems to set some kind of record for compensation. It's really a game of "can you top this" with quarterback pay.  I guess that's how desperate teams are to get their hands on anyone who even holds the possibility of being the savior at that position. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Crowder is a huge pickup. Hes only 28 and plays slot. Hes a better WR and talent than Beasley was. Has 4.4 speed. 

Yep, maybe we can actually get some YAC this year from that position. I think that's where Beasley fell short bigtime last season. The wear and tear must be catching up.

4 minutes ago, Buckeyes_Suck said:

Yep, maybe we can actually get some YAC this year from that position. I think that's where Beasley fell short bigtime last season. The wear and tear must be catching up.

Yeah all our WRS had issues with YAC last year. Sanders, Beasley, and Diggs were not good at it. I expect Davis and Crowder to help that immensely.