• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Polka
    Newest Member
    Polka

That was a helluva storm.  Constant lightning.  I was sitting under my deck and a cell phone tower bout 200 yards away was struck.  I almost fell out of my chair!  Best electrical storm I've seen in a very long time and we're grateful for the downpour.  The garden needed it.  :guitar:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stovepipe said:

That was a helluva storm.  Constant lightning.  I was sitting under my deck and a cell phone tower bout 200 yards away was struck.  I almost fell out of my chair!  Best electrical storm I've seen in a very long time and we're grateful for the downpour.  The garden needed it.  :guitar:

I'm in Maryville right now,that was by far the best convective system i've seen in some time.

• Like 1

July came in like June left off. An extremely heavy shower parked overhead earlier.  2.1 inches of rain from it. Ended up at 8.93 for June. Wild when that's one of the drier months in the last 7 or 8 months. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, John1122 said:

Picked up more heavy rain around 6 to 7 pm. Prompted flash flood warnings here. Ended up with 3.17 inches today. 

Northern Plateau(and evidently portions of Knoxville referencing Powell's report) is like living in the Costa Rican rain forest lately!!!!  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Carvers Gap said:

Northern Plateau(and evidently portions of Knoxville referencing Powell's report) is like living in the Costa Rican rain forest lately!!!!  

We get about 10-15 more inches a year than the far Eastern areas like TYS to Tri but it's been ridiculous the last couple of years.  The drought in 2016 dried the soils extremely deep and we burned and smoldered for a month. Since that broke each year just one ups the prior. I had virtually no rain last September and still had the rainiest year we ever had. Unless it dries significantly we will beat that record this year.  Will likely cross 60 inches on the year this month, which is way ahead of TYS currently and their 40 inches is 15 AN for there. 

• Like 1