• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Polka
    Newest Member
    Polka

Andre Michaux Feb 1796 analogue Storm

Andre Michaux's Journal, 1796:

"Feb 28, stopped ten miles from the river on account of the Rain and because the Creeks had overflowed their banks...

Feb 29, Snow fell throughout the night and on the following morning..."

Thought I'd start this one to keep me from cluttering up the main long/ mid range thread, lol

• Like 2

Jackson, Louisville and Nashville all hoisted winter weather advisories.  Not seen one from MRX but they are usually very reluctant to do so outside the mountains, so who knows if they will or not. 

MRX finally updated. No advisories outside the Mountains above 2500ft and SW VA. Kinda feel good about that. 90 percent of my snow falls at times when they absolutely blow the forecast by not issuing winter products here.  

• Like 2

It'd be nice to wake up to a surprise dusting+ here in Nashville in the morning, but I'm not buying it. It seems like it's always so difficult to get the temp to go from 32.1 to 32, especially here in the Central Basin. The northern Middle TN counties are never a worry. Heck, even parts of Davidson like Joelton that are up on the Rim are pretty safe bets, but I have no faith in it getting cold enough in Nashville and southward. Even then, it's always a dry slot or warm nose.

OHX seems to think we'll get a little something, so we've got that hope to cling to.

L9Zc49o.png

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Holston_River_Rambler said:

What a storm:

giphy.gif

Beautiful look and exactly why we have been tracking this for so long.  Good luck to everyone in middle TN and to everyone up on the Plateau.  

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Holston_River_Rambler said:

41 for me now, woot woot.

Did you drive from Atlanta @Utvols235 or do you live in Crossville? 

I’m living in Nashville now. Up on plateau tonight for work. 

• Like 1