Total Members
    Most Online
    mansour
    Newest Member
    mansour

February 9-10 Winter Storm

3 hours ago, Snowstorms said:

HRRR nailed it. 

YYZ now up to 40.8". Less than 5" away from average. 

How ironic, all those great winters we were having in this sub forum Toronto was often sitting on the sidelines, now in a Winter when so many want to pull their hair out Toronto is well above average to date.

DTW is at 28.6", which is actually 1.6" above average to date (Flint is more above avg).  Still need about 14" to get to the season total average, but with as many things as I can complain about the way this winters gone, total snowfall is not one of them.  My backyard is almost a match at 28.5", although it's a product of a few tenths more or a few tenths less on many snow falls.

2 hours ago, MIstorm97 said:

Money.

Sloppy right after the snow ended. Stat padding ftw. Video documentation of the event: 

I LOVE your videos!  Have the camera handy for Wednesday night hopefully. Did you video the November storm? Or the mid January storm?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, michsnowfreak said:

I LOVE your videos!  Have the camera handy for Wednesday night hopefully. Did you video the November storm? Or the mid January storm?

I’m feeling good about Wednesday night locally. I have stuff for both the November storm and the January storm. This playlist has all of my LSM videos I’ve done this year. Veteran’s Day, 1/18, and much more are on there. Might not be able to do as much of these videos next year if I’m a plow operator for the City of Royal Oak. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, michsnowfreak said:

How ironic, all those great winters we were having in this sub forum Toronto was often sitting on the sidelines, now in a Winter when so many want to pull their hair out Toronto is well above average to date.

DTW is at 28.6", which is actually 1.6" above average to date (Flint is more above avg).  Still need about 14" to get to the season total average, but with as many things as I can complain about the way this winters gone, total snowfall is not one of them.  My backyard is almost a match at 28.5", although it's a product of a few tenths more or a few tenths less on many snow falls.

Everything's cyclical it seems.  These last 3 winters have had almost a 90s feel to it, which were decent for us snow-wise but weren't particularly cold.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MIstorm97 said:

Money.

Sloppy right after the snow ended. Stat padding ftw. Video documentation of the event: 

Nice work.  Capture a few accidents and you'll get a couple of 100k views.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, michsnowfreak said:

Being ahead of everyone for the first time in a while feels good. But seeing how DTW experienced an historic winter back in 2013-14, 14.8" snowier than YYZ's snowiest winter ever, while we got a measly 55" is nothing compared to this year lol. Most everyone has experienced record breaking winters in the last decade while we experienced historically snowless winters. Even Boston got ~100" back in 2014-15 lol.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, snowstormcanuck said:

Everything's cyclical it seems.  These last 3 winters have had almost a 90s feel to it, which were decent for us snow-wise but weren't particularly cold.

Just got back from a weekend in Quebec City. Snow up to the top of stop signs and highs close to zero.

11 hours ago, Snowstorms said:

HRRR nailed it. 

YYZ now up to 40.8". Less than 5" away from average. 

The snow caused absolute chaos at YYZ. My flight in from Quebec City was delayed by 4 hours. Quite ironic to be flying from YQB only to be delayed because of heavy snow at YYZ!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ottawa Blizzard said:

Just got back from a weekend in Quebec City. Snow up to the top of stop signs and highs close to zero.

You had better love winter if you're going to live in the Ottawa-Montreal-Quebec City corridor.

• Like 2

On 2/9/2020 at 5:22 PM, Stebo said:

Hardest snow I have seen working this year, down to 1/4SM at DTW right now.

Just reading through...Yeah  was awesome yesterday at DTW. My plane left at 6:10pm yesterday. Was really heavy! This storm was a pleasant surprise on the way out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ottawa Blizzard said:

The snow caused absolute chaos at YYZ. My flight in from Quebec City was delayed by 4 hours. Quite ironic to be flying from YQB only to be delayed because of heavy snow at YYZ!

I saw the flight tracker map last night. Many planes were diverting or circling the area. Nice to have you back in the city. 

1 hour ago, hawkeye_wx said:

You had better love winter if you're going to live in the Ottawa-Montreal-Quebec City corridor.

Best climate in the world, bar none, in my opinion. 80s in the summer, feet of snow, coupled with highs around zero in the winter. Ideal.

10 hours ago, LansingWeather said:

Just reading through...Yeah  was awesome yesterday at DTW. My plane left at 6:10pm yesterday. Was really heavy! This storm was a pleasant surprise on the way out.

Where did you fly to?

19 hours ago, snowstormcanuck said:

Nice work.  Capture a few accidents and you'll get a couple of 100k views.

As long as the media picks it up I don’t care how many views it gets :P. Know a few other members here do LSM as well. Nice way to document the snows and sometimes get paid for it.