Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
New England Get-together

weatherwiz

Worcester Get-together   

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which month would you prefer? (Multiple choices can be selected)

2. 2. Would you prefer another day besides Saturday?

While there is the Boston get-together, it's difficult for those who live a distance away from the Boston area to make it...especially during the week. It seems like it's been a quite a while since we had a big turnout get-together and with no conference in several years many of us haven't seen one another in quite some time. 

In the past, Funky Murphy's in Worcester has been a great central location for many. Funky Murphy's is also large enough to accommodate a large group and we've even had our own like "private room"in the back before. It also had a decent night crawl. Saturday's seem like the most logical day b/c many probably don't work and probably don't have to work the next day. Obviously that day is also used by many for family things but if we can get a date well in advance people can mark their calendar. 

I am thinking this can be something we do in late spring/early summer. Just late enough to where the weather may just begin to turn nicer and just early enough to where it may avoid vacation scheduling.  

As far as "what time" I don't think we really need to plan on that...the earliest arrivals probably be in the 2-3 time frame or whatever. 

What I would like to do is have this poll run for a few weeks and analyze the results of what month seems to be most popular. Once we get a good feeling on that then start pushing out a date in that month. 

On 12/7/2019 at 12:53 PM, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Winter months could be tough for NNE folk, no? 

One in winter and one in summer I think is fine.

The problem with the winter one is it is done on a Monday and in Boston. Living in CT, by the time we get out of work and into Boston...it would be time to come home. 

I like a spring/summer one b/c the weather is so much nicer and it's more enjoyable...Funky's I think had doors open and throughout the history of these things the spring/summer ones always seem to have higher turnouts...though there was an early winter one that did very well once or twice. 

13 hours ago, weatherwiz said:

One in winter and one in summer I think is fine.

The problem with the winter one is it is done on a Monday and in Boston. Living in CT, by the time we get out of work and into Boston...it would be time to come home. 

I like a spring/summer one b/c the weather is so much nicer and it's more enjoyable...Funky's I think had doors open and throughout the history of these things the spring/summer ones always seem to have higher turnouts...though there was an early winter one that did very well once or twice. 

Yea. I just think warmer weather is more inviting for folks further away.