• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    hpolivereditor
    Newest Member
    hpolivereditor
Quincy

Mid to Late May 2019 Severe Threats

El Reno Airport, directly in the path of the Caddo Co, OK storm has SSE winds at 13mph while not too far north there are north winds.  After everything that's happened today, wouldn't shock me if the storm would try to latch onto the boundary and do something even though it's almost 2am.

At least one state office building has significant damage to it just east of downtown. 

The worst damage pictures I've seen so far are at least solid EF2 in damage. 

2 minutes ago, Calderon said:

At least one state office building has significant damage to it just east of downtown. 

The worst damage pictures I've seen so far are at least solid EF2 in damage. 

ef 2 likely?

We always stay at the Baymont (cheap)  I wonder if it got hit?  Wonder how wide the path was?  

Just now, OortCloud said:

We always stay at the Baymont (cheap)  I wonder if it got hit?  Wonder how wide the path was?  

I would say based on the imagery I have seen, a quarter to a half mile wide.

One thing that is concerning for metro St. Louis is the storms to the north, now in Illinois, have laid down a southward-moving outflow that the Jeff. City supercell is currently riding, and further warned on now in western St. Charles County. Another storm farther southwest, near Washington, is aimed right at STL and may intercept the outflow along the way and ride it in.  

I guess I'll find out in a little while. 

Just now, iowahawkeyedave said:

At a minimum yes, reminds me a lot of the tornado that struck Iowa City in April 2006 at night, which was an EF2.  This one may be a bit stronger though.

On video probably doesn't do the tornado strength justice, because the damage is estimated to be lower, doesn't mean the tornado didn't have the winds necessary, sometimes it avoids buildings.

Just now, Calderon said:

One thing that is concerning for metro St. Louis is the storms to the north, now in Illinois, have laid down a southward-moving outflow that the Jeff. City supercell is currently riding, and further warned on now in western St. Charles County. Another storm farther southwest, near Washington, is aimed right at STL and may intercept the outflow along the way and ride it in.  

I guess I'll find out in a little while. 

I am watching the St/ Louis, MO radar and it is very concerning for that city.

The cell east of Lebanon has some extremely strong rotation, it's very likely producing but seems to be in a rural area. 

2 minutes ago, mob1 said:

The cell east of Lebanon has some extremely strong rotation, it's very likely producing but seems to be in a rural area. 

Waynesville and Ft. Leonard Wood in the path.  That cell is very ominous looking.  Would be shocked if something is not on the ground.

2 minutes ago, iowahawkeyedave said:

Tornado warned storm headed directly for Neosho.  Neosho has a population ~12k.  

I hope sirens are going

Funnel cloud near St. Paul in St. Charles County. Rotation is practically riding parallel to I-70 by about 3 miles north.

Ironically, I see on the Jefferson Missouri Fire Department FB page that just yesterday, they dedicated their new fire station.  

Just now, Witness Protection Program said:

I saw the posted video and you can see debris in the roadway. This is after it had moved through the city and was dissipating. 

• Like 1

Just now, Floydbuster said:

Press conference now

Thank goodness.  Columbia/Jeff City's Channel 13's weather coverage was excruciating, Captain Monotone is a master of dead air and pregnant pauses.  Makes Steven Wright sound high energy.

• Like 1