• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    chrislittlenews
    Newest Member
    chrislittlenews

February Discobs 2019

5 hours ago, Rvarookie said:

So nice to see sun out today after having rain for 10 out of last 15 days. Wind is def helping to dry things out 

I do feel bad for those that lost power and especially the ones that had trees either slam into their house or car but like you, I chose to find a positive with the wind and it does dry the surface out appreciably.   And yes, the sun shining was nice for a change.  My sister lives in Richmond and she's been ranting about the rain for some time now.  Can't say I blame her...it's been relentless for almost a year.   I keep waiting for some met or poster here to tell me that the long range Spring/Summer outlook is for drier than normal conditions.   That would be a symphony to my ears. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, George BM said:

Washington Dulles Int'l Airport gusted to 58mph at 10:17am est.

Actually it looks like IAD only gusted to 57mph today.

8 hours ago, North Balti Zen said:

Dear lord. Good luck on that landing. Hope everyone has turbulence bags available...

Actually, it wasn't bad.  It was a bit bumpy on approach, but otherwise, nothing special.

Just now, smokeybandit said:

Actually, it wasn't bad.  It was a bit bumpy on approach, but otherwise, nothing special.

Glad to hear it, I’ve had some awful landings in the wind at bwi over the years.

Hey! I'm getting this month done in a timely matter!! Report for month of Feb for my location.....

Averaged high was 49.1 degrees vs a normal of 46.7 degrees, a +2.4 degrees above average. The warmest day was the 8th with a 67.9 degree reading. Averaged low was 29.6 degrees vs a normal of 23.5 degrees, a +6.1 above average. Coldest reading for the month was 3.1 degrees on the 1st. Overall averaged temp for month was 39.3 degrees vs a normal of 35.1 degrees, a +4.2 above average. Rainfall for month was 6.34 inches vs a normal of 2.59 inches, a + 3.75 above average and setting a new record for the month, beating old mark of 5.98 inches from 2003. Wettest day was on 21st with 1.01 inches of rain. There were 14 days with measurable, 4 days with a 'T' and 10 dry days during the month. Total snowfall for month was 5.1 inches vs a normal of 7.5 inches, a - 2.4 below average. Biggest snowfall was on the 20th with 4.1 inches. There were 3 days with measurable snow, 5 days with a 'T' and 20 days without snow. Highest wind was 54 mph on the 25th, and measured above 30 mph on 6 different days! Records for the month include the new monthly rainfall, a new record cold max (25.3) set on the 1st, a new record warm minimum (50.9) set on the 8th and a new daily rainfall (0.95) set on the 18th. 

Overall, it was a warm, very wet and windy month.

• Like 2