Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
NYC/PHL December 24-27 Potential Part 3

earthlight

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cant remember too many cases where this might not have happened-- however, Jan 96 might have been an incidence when NYC and BGM both got heavy snow-- however, I dont think Albany did.

BGM I think saw 2-3 inches while Scranton was buried...the storm tracked close enough that BGM SHOULD have seen more but the high to the north was just too strong....there was a record cutoff somewhere south of Albany...at one point there was a town with 24 inches....25 miles north of them nothing fell at all...

You know I sitting here at 2am saying to myself that GFS may be correct after all in the final solution as I don't like the trend of the GEM this evening. I don't jump on one run of a model but I am not trilled how this is trending at all, we shall see. NYC Metro could once again be

in the screw zone if you like snow. I know what the euro is doing but that is soon to become the outlier if this keeps up.

I've said for a few winters now that the GFS Ensembles being north/west or more amplified than the Operational run is usually a little red flag waving in the back of your head. So we can consider tonight's ensembles just that.

Especially considering ensembles usually are biased SE of the OP.

BGM I think saw 2-3 inches while Scranton was buried...the storm tracked close enough that BGM SHOULD have seen more but the high to the north was just too strong....there was a record cutoff somewhere south of Albany...at one point there was a town with 24 inches....25 miles north of them nothing fell at all...

LOL that really sounds a lot like 2/6/10 from last winter, except the cut off was displaced much further north. But Jan 96 was a much more intense storm.

Im so glad the GFS/AVN was wrong about us missing Jan 96 in the days leading up to that blockbuster. Too bad it couldnt be right when it forecast we would get at least a moderate hit on 2/6/10 last winter.

Yeah, the SREF's are a big time whiff to the right. Too far out for major consideration though.

Forget the SREFs, all they have done last storm and thus far with this event is waffle all over the place, they've been basically useless....I said last night there was so much waffling that Aunt Jemima rolled over in her grave.

I magnified that image up to 7 megapixels and its still hard to read because the lines are so close together lol.

But here is what I can tell:

COD1 0.25

COD0 0.50

POD1 0.03

POD2 1.00 +

POD3 0.25

POD4 0.10

POD5 0.50

POD6 0.00

POD7 0.50

POD8 0.03

POD9 1.00+

POD10 0.03

thats why i dont get why everyone was bickering over the 0z nam at hr 84 when it can't even be constant with 12hrs.

I went out at like 9:30 because I knew it was going to happen. Took a nice trip to Dunkin Donuts and had a few shots at a friends house afterwards. Figured it would be more productive to come back with the late night crew.

I went out at like 9:30 because I knew it was going to happen. Took a nice trip to Dunkin Donuts and had a few shots at a friends house afterwards. Figured it would be more productive to come back with the late night crew.

when im doing the euro usually i do 7n7 lol...anyways through 33 the nam continues much slower, s/w looks stronger

Archived