e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
NYC/PHL December 24-27 Potential Part 3

earthlight

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad youre back for the late night crew! Do you think the nam initialized much better with this run than what it was showing with the 0z run at 6 hrs?

I would say yeah. It is back in tow with what we had been seeing for a few days now...and that is a cutoff solution. It will be real tough for this wave to pass over the baroclinic void that is the Rocky mountains still connected to the northern stream. Mostly why I didn't fully give up on the Euro before the 0Z came out...models will flip flop sometimes (drastically at times) when it comes to "cutting off" a wave. It is the same deal with low amplitude phasing of waves...models can sometimes struggle mightily with that process...and you get the hugely disparate solutions when in reality the changes are quite small.

holy monkey still closed off at hr 51...no way

Closed off or not you can see by the wind barbs that it is a very tight, compact and strong shortwave and it's very close to closing off the entire time basically from 33-54 hrs.

That being said the northern stream still seems to have too much of an easterly component here. Thus far.

Northern stream is trying so hard...it's going to dig until it gets the shortwave which is now turning east towards the LA coast.

getting close there with that northern stream... i think we have till about the panhandle to phase at the latest? euro had it phased by 72 at the latest, (according to ewalls increments) ..

60 hrs the shortwave is into the Gulf...the northern stream is trying so hard..and the ridge on the west coast is going nuts.

But I just can't get over how flat the heights are along the East coast.

They are flat, but that is because this thing is taking its dear old time. Once the cyclogenesis develops in the GOM, upper level heights will respond fast.

Archived