e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
NYC/PHL December 24-27 Potential Part 3

earthlight

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At 30 hours on NCEP the differences are just ridiculous. Somebody is seriously out to lunch here.

Agreed, the NAM is a big pile. I am definitely not going to even bother analyzing it on the 0Z discussion again. There is a 6Z thread already, not biting on that!

Seriously though, this storm is going to be a fun one to watch and develop.

Forget the SREFs, all they have done last storm and thus far with this event is waffle all over the place, they've been basically useless....I said last night there was so much waffling that Aunt Jemima rolled over in her grave.

Yeah the sref have been clueless all winter lol.

Agreed, the NAM is a big pile. I am definitely not going to even bother analyzing it on the 0Z discussion again. There is a 6Z thread already, not biting on that!

Dude..these storms only come around every once and a while and we have the late night crew in here, you better analyze with us. :thumbsup:

Seriously though..this is a 30 hour forecast, and the differences are a complete joke. Essentially one of two things is happening here--either the 06z run has insufficient data, or the 00z run was just a lemon.

30 hrs 06z

http://www.nco.ncep.noaa.gov/pmb/nwprod/analysis/namer/nam/06/images/nam_500_030s.gif

24 hrs 00z

http://www.nco.ncep.noaa.gov/pmb/nwprod/analysis/namer/nam/00/images/nam_500_036s.gif

i was wondering if you were going to show up.. you sure you dont want to start a 6z nam thread in the main forum lol?

Dude..these storms only come around every once and a while and we have the late night crew in here, you better analyze with us. :thumbsup:

Seriously though..this is a 30 hour forecast, and the differences are a complete joke. Essentially one of two things is happening here--either the 06z run has insufficient data, or the 00z run was just a lemon.

30 hrs 06z

http://www.nco.ncep....am_500_030s.gif

24 hrs 00z

http://www.nco.ncep....am_500_036s.gif

i was wondering if you were going to show up.. you sure you dont want to start a 6z nam thread in the main forum lol?

Yeah lol, I just took a glance at the 6Z NAM and it is all over the map. It is having huge issues with the detachment of the southern stream PV. Looks like the 6Z is trying to cut it off again, hence the slow solution. It does make it look real bad though...although I will say a tiny difference in initialization can result in what looks like a massive difference...like we have here.

Haha, I am going to do it though....this NAM run has more potential than the 0Z.

Yeah lol, I just took a glance at the 6Z NAM and it is all over the map. It is having huge issues with the detachment of the southern stream PV. Looks like the 6Z is trying to cut it off again, hence the slow solution. It does make it look real bad though.

Haha, I am going to do it though....this NAM run has more potential than the 0Z.

Glad youre back for the late night crew! Do you think the nam initialized much better with this run than what it was showing with the 0z run at 6 hrs?

h5 still closed at hr 45 its unbelievab;le how much slower it is compared to 0z...the northern stream is also not as bullish diving down to phase as quickly

Well this we need to happen..it needs to dive down eventually and capture the shortwave and not completely dampen it out in similar fashion to the UK and GEM.

Glad youre back for the late night crew! Do you think the nam initialized much better with this run than what it was showing with the 0z run at 6 hrs?

Question wasn't directed at me but it's definitely hard to tell. It's a mesoscale mess out there on NAM initialization. What happens thereafter is where the differences lie.

Archived