Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
NJ Snowfall Map - 2017-18 UPDATED for this year

Isotherm

14 hours ago, denvillenj said:

Was looking forward to seeing this!   Thanks for putting it together and posting it.  What an odd distribution in Sussex county.   Wish I still lived in Jefferson but I did quite well here in Denville.   

Thank you, denville.

1 hour ago, doncat said:

Totals really jumped when you cross the river into staten island and head east...I measured 55.4" here...The 3/21,22 storm was one with the higher totals here and less west...Was one or two more with a similar gradient.

Yes, the urban corridor from New Brunswick-NYC was a local minimum as far as snowfall totals -- rapidly increased both to the east and west of there (and south).

On 7/21/2018 at 10:35 AM, Isotherm said:

http://www.lightinthestorm.com/nj-snowfall

2017-18's snowfall map for NJ has been completed.

The polarity of totals, the highly heterogeneous nature of snowfall distribution, and the sheer frequency of events made this map one of the more arduous ones over the past decade.

Questions and/or comments are welcome.

Interesting year. Elevation is very evident, more so then normal. Latitude was also important which is normal. But proximity to the ocean seemed not to matter which is very unusual!

On 7/28/2018 at 5:48 PM, Animal said:

Nice map. 82.6 inches on my street in Highland Lakes.

We apparently are neighbors.  I was looking at the map as well and our little town consistently scores tops for snowfall every year.    I'm on the main lake and my driveway is at 1250...you must be over towards the higher points behind lake 1.

On 7/22/2018 at 9:54 AM, doncat said:

Totals really jumped when you cross the river into staten island and head east...I measured 55.4" here...The 3/21,22 storm was one with the higher totals here and less west...Was one or two more with a similar gradient.

Yeah I finished 50.7” here in Brooklyn 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/22/2018 at 11:19 AM, Isotherm said:

Thank you, denville.

Yes, the urban corridor from New Brunswick-NYC was a local minimum as far as snowfall totals -- rapidly increased both to the east and west of there (and south).

Great map, thanks!  I'm sure it's impossible to get everything correct especially given measurement inconsistencies, but fwiw, we got 50.8" in Metuchen, which is squarely in your 40-45" zone.