Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Richmond Metro/Hampton Roads Discussion

RIC Airport

6 minutes ago, wasnow215 said:

HRRR not reliable. Not trying to be a weenie but it’s not.

Hopefully it is wrong, but in this area things have to be almost perfect to get a big snow...

I can see sleet being an issue if it really amps up.... Maybe we will get lucky and get the 35mph winds with thunder snow for an extended period of time and have it add up quick ..lol .. who knows ..

Allot still up in the air with this one 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, eaglesin2011 said:

Hopefully it is wrong, but in this area things have to be almost perfect to get a big snow...

I can see sleet being an issue if it really amps up.... Maybe we will get lucky and get the 35mph winds with thunder snow for an extended period of time and have it add up quick ..lol .. who knows ..

Allot still up in the air with this one 

GFS has been all in for here for a few days now. 0z actually ticked a tad south from 18z just now. So I think we are solid for 3-6

• Like 1

I'd say the 7 to 8am time frame is still most likely for go time around here...

Good thing, when it changes over it will be come down heavy .

Hopefully All snow by then & not sleet/mix 

Probably will be done by 2pm

Big freeze tonight (whatever isnt plowed & treated)

I would think most major roads will be fine by tomorrow morning with patchy ice .

• Like 1

Starting to get more frozen ice pellets now here in Glen Allen/Staples

Definitely breezy, prob will help a bit from any major power outages but probably will still have a few..

Gonna be pretty wild for a few hours

Update:

At 6:35am mainly a Heavy wet snow .. Grass and deck now have a wet dusting 

I dunno about 6 plus in RVA... It's more likely between Ashland to Fredericksburg.

Back to mainly sleet being my area... Exactly why I don't think it will be 6plus here or RVA... (Switching back and forth from sleet & snow)

But if we get a big band /maybe even thunder snow... It can add a few inches quick, if temps drop & stay below freezing without any sleet.. 

• Like 1

That would be a nice surprise.  I was having my coffee watching/waiting for the transition and while agonizing, it is much more pleasant to watch winter weather transition in this direction opposed to the other.  Where we watch and listen for the mixing as it moves through our area and knew it was the end.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, eaglesin2011 said:

I dunno about 6 plus in RVA more likely between Ashland to Fredericksburg

Back to mainly sleet being my area exactly why I don't think it will be 6plus here Switching back and forth from sleet & snow

Thought we were transitioning here in the city proper but now looks like we’ve gone back to plain rain. We’ll need some heavy bands to come through if we’re going to get 6+. I’m still thinking 3-6