Newest Member
    joxey
Pittsburgh PA ❄️ Winter 2017-2018

north pgh

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Mailman said:

Euro is not good for mid-week (unless you live in Erie).

Let's see if it follows the trend this season. Almost every amped up storm has gone SE of its 5-7 day forecast then crept a bit NW in the last 48. Erie is due though 120in this season and counting lol

Need to get through the Sunday thing first anyways. Still time for it to be colder. 

6 hours ago, blackngoldrules said:

Just to throw this off topic for one second and then back to tracking and snow talk. Just out of curiosity, what do you guys have for weather stations? I'm looking for something that won't break the bank, but still gives accurate info. I've really struggled to find one that does that. I recently got an Ambient WS-11. Has an outdoor temp and humidity sensor. I live in an apartment, so I don't need the rain or wind gauges. Anyway, this particular model you can calibrate everything if something is off. Problem I'm having is, no matter how much I calibrate it, it still ends up reading too low or too high for the outdoor temps and by quite a bit. Anyway, just curious what you local guys use here.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Here is another weather discussion board l belong to focusing mainly on weather stations, software, etc.  http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?PHPSESSID=b047c29681ab2dc0b5076381cccc49f1&board=71.0  I linked you to the weather station threads.  You may get some ideas from here.

I've had a wireless Davis VP 2 since 2006, but it is overkill for what you want.  I can say LaCrosse stations are not worth it.

Im just not impressed with this storm on sunday. 500 vort looks very weak and the cold air just isn't in place. Will definitely snow and rain. We probably get the lower end of  a1-3 deal. 

I am now becoming interested in the mid week event. Vort still doesnt look great, but there is more moisture with a better track. Just a better overall look right now.

26 minutes ago, MikeB_01 said:

Im just not impressed with this storm on sunday. 500 vort looks very weak and the cold air just isn't in place. Will definitely snow and rain. We probably get the lower end of  a1-3 deal. 

I am not becoming interested in the mid week event. Vort still doesnt look great, but there is more moisture with a better track. Just a better overall look right now.

SREF has 1 in average for sunday night. 

7 minutes ago, MikeB_01 said:

12z Euro is waaarrrmmmm. Temps in 35°-36° range during the precip. Temps being so cold aloft will help keep some of it snow, but it will be hard pressed to see more than a couple inches if it plays out exactly like the Euro is. 

I'll lock in the Canadian 

Canadian has been steady so far. And at least the Euro hasn’t dried up, although like you said low ratios could be an issue. 

Overall I still like the setup. One of those win ugly situations. 

Just a funny observation. As of 10:30 tonight this is what NWS Pit has for their long term discussion. I guess Fries has the week off. :lol:

LONG TERM /MONDAY NIGHT THROUGH SATURDAY/...
A series of crossing troughs should maintain periodic precip
chances through the period. Temperatures should average near or a
few degrees below seasonal levels.

7 hours ago, north pgh said:

Just a funny observation. As of 10:30 tonight this is what NWS Pit has for their long term discussion. I guess Fries has the week off. :lol:

LONG TERM /MONDAY NIGHT THROUGH SATURDAY/...
A series of crossing troughs should maintain periodic precip
chances through the period. Temperatures should average near or a
few degrees below seasonal levels.

Lol....I think he temporarily moved to NWS State College.  Check out their discussion this morning for comparison.

It felt really warm this morning when I stepped outside for my morning observation, then the south wind started howling with a light misty rain.

Archived