Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
WxChallenge 2017-2018

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, so_whats_happening said:

Nice forecast didnt see that bump happening.

Thanks. I honestly didn't expect the sea breeze to get there at all, so I thought I was toast when it did. Luckily the west winds were strong enough to push the sea breeze back SE of PVD. 

Went 80/60/13 for day 8. Honestly no clue on the low. 

After the low getting chilly this morning...I need a high of 80 to finish in first.  If the high doesn't hit 80 I need the winds to hit 13+ knots.  At this point they're running pretty warm, but the sea breeze will get there at some point early to mid-afternoon.  It'll be interesting. 

On 10/6/2017 at 6:54 AM, OHweather said:

After the low getting chilly this morning...I need a high of 80 to finish in first.  If the high doesn't hit 80 I need the winds to hit 13+ knots.  At this point they're running pretty warm, but the sea breeze will get there at some point early to mid-afternoon.  It'll be interesting. 

Way to crush it!!!

Great start for the UW team--sweeping the cat 2 trophies and 5th overall in the standings. 

27 minutes ago, ma blizzard said:

not sure whats going on at KDCA but the 5 min obs appear to be off between 11:20 - 11:45 am .. weird temp and wind spike 

NWS will probably discard that set of observations in their climo report. Still up to 82 by 12:30 pm, however.

Tough forecast.  73/66/17/0.30"

Not really confident in anything.  Struggled to see the warmer highs with clouds all day and a fairly brisk E wind north of the warm front, so as long as they get to 73 by 6z I'm not sure they get back above it.  Low I just sort of averaged guidance at 6z tomorrow night.  Wasn't impressed with the rain potential as the better lift is farther north, but it'll be convective in a high PWAT environment so if a cell does hit the airport they'll quickly get a good amount.  Tried to hedge so I don't get completely burned either way if they end up on the low end or if they get a good amount.  Wind sort of just guessed but the low level flow looks strong enough...just not sure if there will be any mixing of that down to the surface. 

It will be interesting to see HRRR shows a nice blob of rain coming in at 02z-06z and continuing into the next day radar rather unimpressive as of yet. Gonna be a close one for those who called for rain. Nice forcing aloft strongest in PA but with Cape to the west and a nice dynamic front trying to set up and even the possibility of them getting close to triple point region.

Oh so close

Im glad im not in this year because this would more than annoy me

KDCA 121552Z 09013G20KT 4SM -DZ OVC012 18/14 A3026 RMK AO2 DZB35 SLP245 T01780144 PNO $

Been happening since early morning about from when that rain started which I have doubts on those totals of .11" because many around have at least a quarter inch but hey that will be for them to decide when they figure it out.

63/45/12

Things were ideal for a nice cooling below 45, but MOS/USL combo is doing pretty decent with DCA and it was showing between 45 to 48 so I went on the low side of that. Also noticed models are running a tad too warm for DCA recently so I played it safe with 63 instead of going warmer.

Archived